Shure SE425 lack of bass

ROB2009

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I have a pair of Shure SE425’s with Snugs custom tips and am really disappointed with the lack of bass. Wondering whether the 535’s would worth the upgrade, also the AKG N40’s are available at a decent price now too.
I stream Tidal through a Dragonfly Red from my iPhone...Any suggestions for an alternative would be appreciated, don’t really have a budget in mind but don’t want to go mad either!

MMohammed

Community Manager
Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
From what I'm reading, the bass isn't something that blows you away on the 535s either. The N40 works well, particularly with the DAC you've got.

Curious, as someone who hasn't done that on a phone, what's it like using the Dragonfly on your iPhone? Is the added bulk inconvenient to any degree?

ROB2009

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi, well you have to use it with the iPhone camera adapter so there is more bulk. If you’ve got it in a pocket then not too bad, but if you‘re using the phone as well then it gets a little trickier.
But for me, the sound boost from the dac is worth it:)

MMohammed

Community Manager
Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
That's pretty awesome. I have some Bose QC20is that I used regularly before changing phones. There was some bulk there with the actual noise cancelling module. The idea of a DAC is very tempting though!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts