Shure Aonic Adapters (turn old Shure Wireless)

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Hi - I need some new inears for running. As I'm now USB-C tied I need to look (sadly) as wireless. I've a big concern re wireless falling out, so came across the following Shure True Wireless Adapter for Sound Isolating Earphones, Secure Over-Ear Fit, Bluetooth 5 Wireless Technology, Long Battery Life With Charging Case, Fingertip Controls: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments

I know Shure has really botched its foray into bluetooth, with the BT kit previously - but has anyone used these? The idea of using existing 535s is great, as is the over-ear loop which makes me think they'll be more secure. Anyone have any experience they'd care to share? thanks!

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
give this thread has generated such interest (!), I thought I'd give an update. I've had these for a year. And really, really dislike them. Sound is fine (in fact, after a week, I was impressed with the 215s but more impressed with the tranmitters and was going to buy some new 535s to connect to them adapters instead). But... then the drop-outs started.

Not at home, but most times I leave the house, they suffer and stutter. I sent them back and the (really helpful) engineer couldn't replicate the issue in the workshop, so he sent new adapters.

After a bit, the same issue presented. I'm not sure if it's just rubbish Shure kit, or my phone is particularly poor (samsung s20). Work are upgrading my phone in a few months, so will check with a different device.

If not, I'll be back to see what the alternative is...

Reactions: Al ears

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts