Should I upgrade from Q3050 to something else?

Bla

Oct 29, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone this is my first time posting/asking because I am in dilemma about my speakers!
I currently have Q Acoustic q3050 with my older marantz receiver .My living room is rectangular and I am approximately 12 feet from speakers and 3050 sound great and fulfilling,but my question is since I have $1500 to spend on new speakers is it worth upgrading if it is what would you guys suggest that I look into?
Highly appreciate recommendations,thank you!

Hello everyone this is my first time posting/asking because I am in dilemma about my speakers!
I currently have Q Acoustic q3050 with my older marantz receiver .My living room is rectangular and I am approximately 12 feet from speakers and 3050 sound great and fulfilling,but my question is since I have $1500 to spend on new speakers is it worth upgrading if it is what would you guys suggest that I look into?
I would suggest, if you're happy with current set-up, that spending more might possibly not be the best course of action and certainly not if you cannot audition speakers at home in your set-up.

matthewpiano

It sounds like you are quite happy with what you have and so, as @Al ears has already said, I would be very cautious about changing without auditioning potential replacements at home.

Is there a specific aspect of the sound you are seeking to improve upon? What model is your Marantz receiver, and what sources are you using?

Others seem to agree with me although I must say that if yours are the original 3050 then possibly the only speakers that might be worth changing to without auditioning are the newer 3050i, however this might not appear to be much of an upgrade visually.

Bla

Oct 29, 2020
Visit site
Yes I am happy with 3050 but you know when have an itch !
Since I am familiar with Q Acoustic sound would stepping up to Concept 40 be significant upgrade or I would be better investing in better receiver possibly?
I have my old from 90’s Marantz SR880 and I also have older subwoofer a/d/s MS4 !
Maybe I will be happy with newer receiver if it’s gonna improve the sound ?

Yes I am happy with 3050 but you know when have an itch !
Since I am familiar with Q Acoustic sound would stepping up to Concept 40 be significant upgrade or I would be better investing in better receiver possibly?
I have my old from 90’s Marantz SR880 and I also have older subwoofer a/d/s MS4 !
Maybe I will be happy with newer receiver if it’s gonna improve the sound ?
The receiver isn't going to do much to change the sound, at least not as much as a change of speakers.

Firstly, where do you think your system is lacking? Or in what area do you think it could be improved?

Looking at your system I would suggest that both Marantz and QAs share a similar tonal balance. IME that can result in a less than thrilling presentation. Although both components I'm a big fan of, I guess that changing one will spark the other off.

If you want to keep the Marantz receiver I'd look at a speaker from Focal, Monitor Audio or perhaps Dali. Conversely, if you want to keep the speakers, look at Arcam, Onkyo...

My basic rule of thumb is built on light and dark principle: Amp that's punchy and neutral with speakers that have a slightly smoother trait. IME it's all about the yin and yang....

Reactions: matthewpiano

matthewpiano

You don't state whether or not you are using the Marantz for multi-channel or only as a stereo amplifier. If you are only playing stereo music, you could possibly improve things by looking at a stereo integrated amplifier though you really do need to audition options around your budget to find this out.

You don't seem to have identified what is prompting the potential change other than the 'upgrade itch'. It would be helpful if you could answer the questions that @plastic penguin and I have both asked about this. We may then be able to point you in a potentially more productive direction.

I’d encourage you to think about what you might listen to over the next decade or so. Do you want to add a streaming facility, perhaps, and stop buying CDs or LPs? Do you want to resurrect past LP collections? Are you a keen radio listener who would enjoy internet radio?
This would help decide what sources you need, and an updated speaker might complement that.
Are you able to see and hear the latest speakers? QA seem to be phasing out the Concept 20 and 40 as they’re widely discounted, but they’re amazing value.

Bla

Oct 29, 2020
Visit site
This is my first “audiophile “ speaker let’s say and I am in love with sound and to be honest with you guys since I have that extra to spend I was thinking if I can do better in amplifier or speaker area ,more refinement and clarity in vocals !
I absolutely love vocals and instrumental to sound crisp and clear.
I am novice in all this and maybe I am asking to much for money that I have ,that’s why I highly appreciate your comments to guide me so I don’t spend the money and don’t gain much if any!
I am aware that this is expensive hobby !
I am using Marantz only for stereo and I listen lot of Spotify so streaming is my future I believe!
Where I live wasn’t able to find audiophile stores and one I did are way above my budget!
I don’t have option to audition a lot of speakers and I am not sure where to start!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts