should i buy a subwoofer now or wait/do i need one now

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, im buying a 605 amp soon, but really dont have the money to buy a new active subwoofer at the moment, (i only have an ols passive one at the moment), do i have to have one from the off, ot can i use my system without it and buy some when i can afford it.

any advice ips

A

Anonymous

You don't have to have one, but you will be missing part of the movie soundtrack. Just buy when you can

A

Anonymous

It depends on what front speakers you have. If you have some burly floorstanding beast then you can wait it out but if you are a bit of a bass junkie and like a good boom in the room i would say get saving fast and dont go for anything less than
the wharfedale what hi fi winner or mordant 309i as they are a great starting point.

good luck

paul

A

Anonymous

what about these, they are within my price bracket, please bear in mind i am not an audio junkie, just want value for money and a bit of quality

YSTFSW100 yamaha, found them for £90

A

Anonymous

my folks have a yamha yst sub but I think you mean the slim one which sits close to a wall which Is a damn good little belter considering they are the cheaper home cinema package types and I think it would go well with other smaller home cinema packages.

But I think if you want to use it with floorstanders/standmounts for hi-fi and home cinema then I think you would be better saving for the either the Wharfedale Diamond SW150 (around £160 maybe less), Mordaunt Short 309i (around £170) or
the highly rated MJ Acoustics Pro 50 sub if you really want to push the boat out.

Get either of the above and will not be disappointed.

Hope this helps you and good luck!

Paul

A

Anonymous

its just the never ending spening, lcd 37 panasonic, ps3, sky hd, onkyo 605, new baby, i need a cheap second hand sub, any offers

A

Anonymous

You could look on ebay as they have some decent deals on there but you have to be wary as some could be in a poor state internally.

Otherwise i have a quality spare one for sale but i doubt i can advertise it to you on here as this site has rules about that sorta thing. Maybe I you could give me a temporary email address but i really dont want to disobey theis sites rule.
You could ask them on here if they let you.

Thanks

Paul

A

Anonymous

paul, i would be interested in speaking to you about the spare sub you have, i have looked on ebay, but i really dont know what is good or bad, i dont want to go stupid on spending because to be honest i probably wont appreciate it as much as some of you guys who have made home cinema your hobby, the 605 is probably overkill for me, but as i have a full 1080p tv, blue ray player, and sky hd, it seems a shame to finish it off with package system when seperates would give me just a little more quality, you can contact me on booth_jason@btinternet.com. look forward to hearing from you.

can you please tell me what you have and how much you would like for it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts