should i add another power amp?

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
i have recently upgraded from a cyrus 8sv2 to a pre xp and 8 power. i am happy with the improvements and especially happy at the greater depth of sound i get at low volumes. given that i do listen at both high and low volumes, would adding another 8 power and switching to mono ( feeding dynaudio audience 52 se's) give me more of the same or does anybody think i could spend my money better? i listen to a wide variety of music in a fairly small, well damped room.

A

Anonymous

Oh yes, without a doubt, better resolution, better seperation, more effortless less strained sound, better control of the bass, go for it. I use mono set up and it's hard to go back most integrateds though there are some exceptions.

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Consensus is that all Cyrus power amps are better in mono where funds/circumstances allow. I would look at a repro 8 Power rather than new, a couple of shops do them, I won't tout business for them just do a search. My X Power was repro and I intend to add another and switch to mono at some point in the future...

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
i have arranged a demo to highlight what differences there are. the local dealer has given me a good price so i dont think i'll bother with repro stock.

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Let us know how you get on. Will be interesting to hear what speakers he demos with unless this is already arranged? Dynaudios I'd imagine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts