shortlist of speakers for my Naim

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Have you ruled out the LS50s?
On the basis that i have purchased the Kudos now i have unless i return them. I did like the LS-50s but never managed to find a place where i could demo them alongside the kudos and the neats so couldnt do a back to back test. I dont remember them being a massive step up from the Tannoy DCT6's when i listened to them one after the other and with what owners said on here about them needing a bit of space as they are rear ported i dont think i could have got the same sound at home as i got in a demo room. The Kudos being smaller and also base ported now have around 30 cm at the back and sides where the kef's wouldnt have. also the comments on quiet listening, which is what i have to do whenever my wife is in, made my decision a little easier. They now have 3 hours of music through them and sound detailed and muscular in the bass. A step up from 685's. Also the fact that i got a very significant discount on them helped, i paid nowhere near the RRP which would have been over budget.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
It looks as if you have thoroughly thought this out and made the right decision for your situation......enjoy your new toy. :rockout:

:cheers:

Cno

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
It looks as if you have thoroughly thought this out and made the right decision for your situation......enjoy your new toy. :rockout:

:cheers:

Cno
Have just listened to nevermind from beginning to end and loved it. Couple of tracks streamed from my pc and they sound totally different. Now is the time for 50 minutes or so of DSOTM.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Well the heartbeat on DSOTM has never sounded thke that before. Breathe is a totally different sony. There are more chimes than i have heard before on Time and they sound as if they are in my living room. There are extra "tings" that i havent heard before on the intro to money. Bass is there in abundance and never goes off the rails and it will only get better over time. If you are interested in a small floorstander i heartily recommend the Kudos

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
shep1968 said:
Well the heartbeat on DSOTM has never sounded thke that before. Breathe is a totally different sony. There are more chimes than i have heard before on Time and they sound as if they are in my living room. There are extra "tings" that i havent heard before on the intro to money. Bass is there in abundance and never goes off the rails and it will only get better over time. If you are interested in a small floorstander i heartily recommend the Kudos

glad you found what you wanted and what your naim gear deserves. Yes the heartbeat in DSOTM shows speakers that can't separate the lows.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
letsavit2 said:
shep1968 said:

glad you found what you wanted and what your naim gear deserves. Yes the heartbeat in DSOTM shows speakers that can't separate the lows.
Just go the final invoice from the dealer for all the kit. I spent what i said? To ease the pain i listened to the Elgar cello concerto and Frank Turner and all of a sudden the outlay seemed worthwhile. If however i get the upgrade urge you all have my permission to shoot me. To get significantly better than this i will need to spend upwards of £6k and that isnt going to happen so my wife tells me!!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
:twisted:
shep1968 said:
letsavit2 said:
shep1968 said:

Just go the final invoice from the dealer for all the kit. I spent what i said? To ease the pain i listened to the Elgar cello concerto and Frank Turner and all of a sudden the outlay seemed worthwhile. If however i get the upgrade urge you all have my permission to shoot me. To get significantly better than this i will need to spend upwards of £6k and that isnt going to happen so my wife tells me!!

there is always second hand for less £2000... :twisted:

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
:twisted:
shep1968 said:
letsavit2 said:
shep1968 said:

there is always second hand for less £2000... :twisted:
The fact that i have an invoice might suggest that it is a little late for second hand:wall:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts