Short, tilted speaker stand for centre channel

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'll soon be setting up a projector based home cinema in my new attic room. It looks like the bottom of the projector screen, when extended, will be little more than 300mm above the floor. My centre channel will have to go below that. It's a B&W HTM62, so it's 170mm high. Therefore, I can only afford to raise it about 130mm. I also want to angle it upwards, to direct the sound towards ear level.

Does anybody know where I might get such a stand? Or can anybody suggest how I might go about making one myself?

Chewy

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Monitor audio used to do a decent centre stand for their old GS gold series speakers; I used to have one for my previous Silver RS speakers. It's probably higher than you want, but the vertical column was made of metal, and should be easy to cut down to the size you need. The top plate was angled upwards, and the bottom plinth had fittings for spikes or rubber pads for wooden floors (both of which came with it).

You can find them in various places, but here is one link: http://www.electrical-shopping.com/monitoraudio-gslcrstand

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the help. There will be no space to mount the speaker behind the screen, so it has to be below.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts