Shop testing AV gear

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking at buying my first home cinema gear. When buying hi-fi gear in the past I have tested extensively in a few shops before buying, which has been really useful. My local hi-fi shop tell me that it is not possible to test AV speakers and amps in this way due to the time taken to set them up. Is this correct? If so how can you best test a few av receivers and speakers? Is it possible, for example, to choose effectively between the speakers I have shortlisted by listening only to music on the front speakers and sub, even though I plan to use the system only for AV use? Testing on different days seems to limit the ability to compare.

Thanks for any advice.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="spindrift"]
IMy local hi-fi shop tell me that it is not possible to test AV speakers and amps in this way due to the time taken to set them up. Is this correct?

[/quote]

Poor things! Clearly a shop that doesn't want your moiney. I'd find another one.

A

Anonymous

Total rubbish,
i upgraded everything last month and got to spend 4 hours in the shops basement where they set up the amp and 5.1 speakers for me to test extensively...

TRENDING THREADS