Shoe box amp

insider9

A mate of mine had Arjen Helder Mk III amp kit for a long time. Never got round to building it. It's class D (well class T amp). I got both my boys (8 and 17) to give me a hand to see if we can get it working. It was a great way to spend some tim with my sons. Here are the bits.

42190017772_75b8583e06_z.jpg

I always wanted to do something like this but without any schematics or instructions it took a little longer than it normally would. Not only that but 8 year olds are not great at soldering :) It took 2 hours to get it running. Not bad for a family effort with no instructions. We ended up making it into a power amp with only one working input. No on/off switch, no volume pot, only one stereo input, nothing fancy.

We had a wooden box we indended on using but without knowing it will actually work I didn't bother drilling. My mate has given all the bits in an old shoe box so that's what we ended up puttin it in.

Here is the "finished" article. Both amp board and power supply are not fixed at present.

40431502510_d69bf4c00d_z.jpg

42192527892_d4a6dfeddc_z.jpg

Have been running it for an hour and a half on my second system speakers and must say it sounds surprisingly good. But best part was spending great two hours wit my boys being actually interested in my hobby. That's a win-win :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts