shanling cd t80 jumping on some CDs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have had the above CD player for a while and am generally very happy with it.
It does however seem to be very sensitive and the sound jumps sometimes. This
has happened with CDs with no viable surface dirt/marks. I have a CD where it the first 2 tracks jump constituently and when the CD spins up it makes a funny clicking noise. Any thoughts?

A

Anonymous

funkytwig:
has happened with CDs with no viable surface dirt/marks. I have a CD where it the first 2 tracks jump constituently and when the CD spins up it makes a funny clicking noise. Any thoughts?

A lot of hifi CDPs are very sensitive to disk quality, i.e. cleanliness, scratches, etc. The more damage to a disk the more error checking is required to make it work without skipping which in turn reduces sound quality. Thus, a lot of manufacturers choose to set them up for better sound quality than disk tolerance.

The second thing that may cause this is where the tracking slowly falls out of alignment. I'm not sure how this happens and how long it takes but older kit can benefit from a service where the laser can be realigned.

Generally I probably just live with it like I did with my last player.

A

Anonymous

The laser output probably needs tweaking upwards slightly. Any decent audio engineer should be able to do it at moderate cost.
It could be a sign that it's about to fail.

T

the record spot

funkytwig:

Never had this problem until I picked up a copy of the Polyphonic Spree's debut set. My Linn won't accept it; just clicks away and nothing comes out the speakers never mind a skipped track or two!

Tried it on my Samsung universal player and it plays fine. I can see why the Linn didn't play it though; it's rubbish (IMO)!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

It may be a faulty laser pick-up mechanism. I had the same problem with one of my previous cd players and this was the diagnosis.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts