Setting up the SONY STRDN1060 with SONY Home Theatre System DAV-FXG99K speakers.

mauricepoor

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I currently own a SONY Home Theatre System DAV-FXG99K which is a 5.2 system. The speakers are specified as follows:
Power Output - Front (RMS) 143W x 2
Power Output - Center (RMS) 143W
Power Output - Surround (RMS) 143W x 2
Power Output - Subwoofer (RMS) 285W
Power Output - Total (RMS at 10% THD) 1000W.

See full specs: http://www.sony-mea.com/support/product/dav-fxg99k

Now, I want to purchase a new AV Receiver with new features that I can use with the speakers as specified above.

1. I am considering the SONY STRDN1060. Can this AV Receiver work in 5.2 mode using the specified speakers?

2. If not, what will be the recommended speaker set for the SONY STRDN1060 AV Receiver (mix of Floor standing & Ceiling speakers)

Please, advice.

- Maurice Poor

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi mauricepoor welcome to the forums

According to the specifications you have linked to - you have a 5.1 system, it has no mention of how many ohms on the speaker specification, this may make some difference in compatibilty, the only thing it mentions is power in RMS. Plus the subwoofer is passive not active & would not work with an LFE out on the new A/V amp you are considering. This would possibly mean you would need to buy either one or two active subwoofers..

After all that it is down to your budget ... so how much can you afford, or want to spend?

Regards ..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts