Setting up subwoofer in 2.1 system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have recently purchased a whafedale sw150 to use in conjuction with my denon dm37 and monitor audio br1's. I have it all wired up correctly using the sub out from the denon into one of the line inputs of the wharfedale. But i dont know how to get the best out of it. What settings for phase and crossover should i have. i think the crossover is meant to be set to around 80hz but i dont know about the phase or what volume to have it at.

can someone please help!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The BR1s claim to go down to 55Hz, so around 60Hz on the sub crossover should give pretty good integration.

Phase I would try at 0 degrees intially, and then try 180 degrees and see which you prefer. Level is also a matter of taste.

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much for the quick reply. Is it massively important about the placement of the sub. i was thinking about putting next to my speakers which are stands. i know they are not directional but wouldnt it give some bias to the left side where it is being placed

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Unless the sub is distorting it will not bias either side, we (humans) are not able of properly perceiving directionality of low frequency sound, If you are setting the crossover under 80Hz you will not be able to tell which direction it is coming from.

A

Anonymous

ok pretty much there now. just out of interest what are the speaker level inputs for. i dont get wen you would use them, as you would only use them on a hifi amp and most of those only have 2 speaker outputs. and the ones that have 4 are higher end amps, and i doubt people would use a sub with a £500 amp.

also does it matter which of the line inputs i plug the input into

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts