Setting Up Hi-fi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Here are what I have:
Carver Preamplifier C-3Mach Surround Sound Processor FX-3001Carver Power Amplifier TFM-15
a pair of rear speakersa pair of 3-way front speakersa center speakera subwoofer
http://s874.photobucket.com/albums/ab308/yumonosan/
My family bought these long ago, and my dad set them up. Now that he's getting older and could not remember how he did it, and we just moved to a new place, we cannot figure out how to set them up again.
Could anyone be kind enough to help us out?
Many Thanks :)

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Nice looking setup. I admit I know nothing about them but here goes ~

Speakers are easy (ish) ~ though a clearer picture of the main A + B ouputs would have made things a little easier

CENTER AND REARS ~ these simply connect via speaker cable to the center and rear speakers

MAIN LEFT AND RIGHT ~ looking at what you have now it looks like you have the speakers whats known as 'bi-wired'. Simply connect red to red and black to black and select to output speaker A only (Speaker B is the bottom set)

Now the rest im goping to have to guess as nothings entirely clear.

EVERYTHING from here on in is connected using phono interconnects

Connect LINE OUT of left and right of the TOP unit to left and right LINE IN of the middle unit

Connect LINE OUT MAIN LEFT AND RIGHT of middle to bottom amp (I assume theres some phonos on it somwhere. The bottom unit clearly powers the main left and right speakers so there must be SOME connection between it and the middle unit)

And i think that should all work (Though its possible you need to connect the top ones PROCESSOR OUT to the middle one ~ its a tad confusing to be honest)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts