set up solutions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have ordered my marantz pm 6002 along with a pair of speakers to complement my panasonic 42px 80 and Denon 1730. Again i'm about to reveal my extreme lack of knowleldge in this engagement by asking how am i going to set these things up . My Dvd player is connected to Tv via monster Hdmi and Sky box is connected to tv via Rgb scart. I just want to use my amplifier and speakers for Dvd playback so do i just get a lead that connects it to my DVd player?? Do i then need to change the connection between my Dvd player and Tv?? also can you advise if there are any general prinipals that i need to know when setting the Amp up.? this is my first flirtation with stereos/amps etc ..again any advice appreciated.I have tried goggling the stuff but i just get even more confused..

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Nope, don't need to change your existing connection between DVD player and TV, just connect the DVD player up to the amp using an appropriate RCA phono lead into one of the inputs. When you want to listen to sound from the DVD, switch the amp to the input you plugged the lead into and turn your TV volume down. Bob is your mother's brother!

A

Anonymous

i have optical and coaxial connections on the back of my tv is this what you are referring to?

Thanks

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
No, as the Marantz amp you've bought does not have an optical or coaxial input. You'll need to hook the DVD player up to the amp using the RCA stereo phono connection using a lead that looks like this on both ends:

rca-cable.jpg

A

Anonymous

Thanks professorhat, it all seems a bit clearer, again your reply's were very much appreciated.Looking forward to hearing the new system with T.v. ..i have to say the response and advice has been top notch on this forum.regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts