Set of Nad 2400 and 3020a or something else?

MisterMonitor

Sep 18, 2024
Visit site
Hello,
I have an offer to buy a set of NAD 2400 as power amplifier, and NAD 3020a as preamp. For about 300 euro. Is it worth or should I look into other amps in this price range ? For example Yamaha A-S501 or Cambridge Audio CXA60?
I have really no knowledge about amps, just did little research. So your advice would be a great help! Thank You!

twinkletoes

Well I dont know what you'll be powering but my biggest problem is they're very old at this point. Especially the 2400's I think id look for something a bit younger in the NAD range

this for example will drive anything you throw at it

Last edited:

MisterMonitor

Sep 18, 2024
Visit site
Something else.
Not too sure how you planned to run the pair of amps from the 3020a anyway.
Running a power amp from an integrated is also a waste of money, however as others have said they are all a bit old and doubt they will last long even if they are in working condition now.
Thank you.
I was just looking for amps, got this set of power amp and amp 2400 and 3020a offered.
I done some reading and those amps seemed good quality. Though I dont know anything about amps at the moment, so thanks for saying:
"Running a power amp from an integrated is also a waste of money, however as others have said they are all a bit old and doubt they will last long even if they are in working condition now."
I just recently found a set of NAD c270 and C370 and c270. would it be better?
Or maybe you could recommend a good set of amps or one amp that would be better?

Thank you.
I was just looking for amps, got this set of power amp and amp 2400 and 3020a offered.
I done some reading and those amps seemed good quality. Though I dont know anything about amps at the moment, so thanks for saying:
"Running a power amp from an integrated is also a waste of money, however as others have said they are all a bit old and doubt they will last long even if they are in working condition now."
I just recently found a set of NAD c270 and C370 and c270. would it be better?
Or maybe you could recommend a good set of amps or one amp that would be better?
The C370 has been recommended.
I don't know what you can get for the sort of budget you have but best to stick with an integrated I feel.

Reactions: MisterMonitor

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts