Separate Tone Controls

Macspur said:
insider9 said:
Seen a discussion about this on the Wam. Interesting little thing. Not sure I'd have any use for it though. Did you get one Mac?

No, I've already got tone controls on the Accuphase, but thought it might be a cheap tweek for some and the gy on the wam seemed very pleased with his.

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com
I’m not sure I could live with the name. What does a Nobsound like anyway?!

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
nopiano said:
Macspur said:
insider9 said:
Seen a discussion about this on the Wam. Interesting little thing. Not sure I'd have any use for it though. Did you get one Mac?

No, I've already got tone controls on the Accuphase, but thought it might be a cheap tweek for some and the gy on the wam seemed very pleased with his.

Mac

I’m not sure I could live with the name. What does a Nobsound like anyway?!

Lol! yes, sure they could have come up with a better name.

Mac

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Nobsound. Lol. This is just the sort of thing that they love on the wig wam.

I’m sure they must have been having some fun with the name.......There is house near me called ‘shagbrooke’

https://youtu.be/a8UgOvJVol8

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
You probably want to add good life insurance to your house insurance.

A Funeral plan may be a little pre-mature but reading some of the user comments on Amazon, it could come in handy too.

I especially like this one; 'Got this yesterday couldn't wait to try it out first time plugged it in there was a lot of background noise and humming turn it off then gently with a cloth pushing downwards on the valve's few more mm then switched it back on left it for twenty minutes slowly working it in nice clear sound very pleased with my purchase will be back with updates' ... that's if he survives. As he hasn't posted since ... .

This ain't bad either; 'A nice small preamp but I have to return it. Just the cracking noise even at 0 volume. 4 star for the sound quality, i will order again maybe the next one will be okay.
Update
Okay, i've got the 2nd Preamp. It still have the cracking noise, but after 5 hours of playing my music with it, the cracking noise was gone. maybe it just need some burning time. this works for me.'

Great stuff. Bargin.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

drummerman said:
You probably want to add good life insurance to your house insurance.

A Funeral plan may be a little pre-mature but reading some of the user comments on Amazon, it could come in handy too.

I especially like this one; 'Got this yesterday couldn't wait to try it out first time plugged it in there was a lot of background noise and humming turn it off then gently with a cloth pushing downwards on the valve's few more mm then switched it back on left it for twenty minutes slowly working it in nice clear sound very pleased with my purchase will be back with updates' ... that's if he survives. As he hasn't posted since ... .

This ain't bad either; 'A nice small preamp but I have to return it. Just the cracking noise even at 0 volume. 4 star for the sound quality, i will order again maybe the next one will be okay.UpdateOkay, i've got the 2nd Preamp. It still have the cracking noise, but after 5 hours of playing my music with it, the cracking noise was gone. maybe it just need some burning time. this works for me.'

Great stuff. Bargin.

Your post is funny. Like it. He will need a risk assessment done as well and re assessment of the sum insured in case he is living in a flat and it burns down the block too. But always follow the instructions and make sure you turn it off after extended periods away. Wise in the circumstances.

pyrrhon

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Macspur said:
Just read about this on another forum, thought some of you might be interested:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071VSTDQY?tag=vig-21

Thanks for the share! I see a bright future for that kind of products since tone controls have been eliminated. Its more simple then an equalizer and at the same time may restore/add some harmonics with the tube. What worries me here is the very low cost of the device and I didnt see a bypass switch. A transparent bypass is not so easy to do in an hifi system. At worse you just unplug 2 rca wires ant you have a perfect 'bypass' *scratch_one-s_head*. Cant wait for the really good ones to show! If naim ever makes an external tone control *lol*.

insider9

pyrrhon said:
Macspur said:
Just read about this on another forum, thought some of you might be interested:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071VSTDQY?tag=vig-21

Thanks for the share! I see a bright future for that kind of products since tone controls have been eliminated. Its more simple then an equalizer and at the same time may restore/add some harmonics with the tube. What worries me here is the very low cost of the device and I didnt see a bypass switch. A transparent bypass is not so easy to do in an hifi system. At worse you just unplug 2 rca wires ant you have a perfect 'bypass' *scratch_one-s_head*. Cant wait for the really good ones to show! If naim ever makes an external tone control *lol*.

Bright future?

Is it because they're using valves? ;)

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
If you see tubes, doesn't mean you're hearing tubes. A lot of these are a gimmick, with the tubes only lit from the bottom with LEDs, connected to warm up but don't do anything to the sound. Even if the signal passes through them, they are not any thought out design in particular, just relly on adding distortion to the signal though some really cheap and nasty Chinese made tubes. If you buy some nice tubes for tube rolling, you've already outbudgeted the whole unit, but you are stuck with the lack of design and gimmickry in the box. The capacitors, switches and pots inside are all fake Alps, Elna etc. Nasty stuff.

To go in the world of tube preamps, I'd suggest reading through Mr. Fikus' blog Lampizator.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts