Sensibly priced phono stage required

A

Anonymous

Rega fono mini or fono. Brilliant for the price. I've only compared them with the NAD PP2 and the Pro-ject phono box, but they were so much better. Proper soundstage, dynamics, etc BUT

with your gear I'd think Lehmann.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
camed:Have LP12/lingo/ittok/keotsu black, Nait 5i, Kan II. Looking to upgrade my project phono box se to get the best out of my deck. Any ideas?

What are your musical tastes, this will define tube or solid state.

By 'sensibly priced' i presume you mean below 1k?

A

Anonymous

Generally listen to rock and pop. Looking at spending £500-£600. Would consider used equipment also.

A

Anonymous

Lehmann black cube as stated. Clearaudio also make some excellent phono amps.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
camed:Generally listen to rock and pop. Looking at spending £500-£600. Would consider used equipment also.

Solid state amplification would be advantageous. As stated by Tarquin Lehmann is a excellent phono stage. There are plenty of other excellent stages available. The one's i use are Dynavector P75 which is clinical sounding but unravels rock riffs with ease and suites my set up nicely. The other is a Benz Micro Lukaschek which is more laid back and warm sounding. Its more of an vinyl feel than the P75. They are both excellent but in different ways. The Benz costs over 1k but they do come up now and then second hand. The P75's around £500 new.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
With your Nait 5i, have you not considered the Naim Stageline? Not got one myself but they seem well regarded on the Naim forum' as far as I can tell.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts