Sennys or Grados?

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
With the well reviewed Sennheiser PXC 450s now available for £160ish would they be a better buy than Grado SR125s (£155) - bearing in mind the original price of the Sennys is £300, which is Grado SR325 territory.

Also, I assume the new Graham Slee Novo headphone amp would be a good match for these phones?

Cheers

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Sennheiser's are noise-cancelling headphones, so you're paying a premium for all the technology that involves - they sound superb in their class, but wouldn't fare as well in a a direct performance-per-pound comparison with standard headphones.

If you want the best headphones for long plane journies, commutes, coffee-shop listening etc, then the Sennheisers are storming value at £160. If you want hi-fi headphones for listening at home, i'd buy the Grado SR125s.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Precision answer from Clare, although I would point out that the Grados do come with a free stick-on moustache, a white scarf and a pipe. Chocks away!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well the comp closes on 6th January, and as the Ts&Cs say, we guarantee winners will be contacted within 28 days after that (it's typically sooner!)

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:
The Sennheiser's are noise-cancelling headphones, so you're paying a premium for all the technology that involves - they sound superb in their class, but wouldn't fare as well in a a direct performance-per-pound comparison with standard headphones.

If you want the best headphones for long plane journies, commutes, coffee-shop listening etc, then the Sennheisers are storming value at £160. If you want hi-fi headphones for listening at home, i'd buy the Grado SR125s.

Thanks Clare & Merry Xmas

A

Anonymous

I've comented on the review about the price drop. I really like my 450s, great for travelling and noisy offices. I can even listen to spoken podcasts or Radio 4 recordings on the Victoria Line with them on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts