Sennheiser MX500 replacements

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
I'm trying to find a replacement for my MX500 phones, and want an in-line volume control. I can't wear buds, they hurt, but MX500s are fine.

i can't find the MX500s anywhere, but the MX365 phones look good, but I can't find mention of an in-line volume control. All the images pf these phones seem to show a block in-line, but this could just be a junction for the cables. Does anyone have any experience of these phones, please?

Audiofilo

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi Geoffrey. It looks like only the MX 471 has the in-line volume control. I found it (and pictures) on amazon uk website. That's also useful for reviews too from buyers. Just type in "Sennheiser MX" in the website search.

It might be worth trying IEMs again - I find it is the buds that make the difference as you usually get 3 sizes to try, large fit me and some initial fiddling to get the right bass/sound then it's a go. The Senn CX range is pretty good. You could also try some after-market earbuds to get some that fit (a bit of googling will help).

Do let us know what you do.

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Cheers, Audiofilio, I think I'll have to find time to go and look at a dealer's. I have a new, unused pair of MX500s, plus a spare pair for later, so will have some time to spend finding a replacement. Unusually, the new Apple phones might be worth a look, as they get reasonable reviews.

TRENDING THREADS