Sennheiser HD800 review

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
...due out in May, just after the HD800s go on sale in the UK.

In the meantime, we have had some hands/ears-on time with the new £1000 headphones.

Our thoughts here, along with a behind-the-scenes look, in case you ever wondered 'how does Sennheiser make headphones?'

A

Anonymous

I'm looking forward to the review, exciting stuff. Not too sure about the "great-looking" comment, cans of that size will always look ridiculous in situe on-noggin, especially when they have been designed by Darth Vadar himself.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's all comparative, isn't it...for instance, we love the sound of the Grados, but I doubt many people would call them good-looking.

Anyhow, unlike with speakers, you don't have to look at them when you're listening
emotion-5.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If such superficial matters worry you, as opposed to the quality of the performance, so be it
emotion-4.gif

But seriously... anyone in the same room as you when wearing any high-end, open-backed headphone, is probably going to be more affected by what you're listening to, rather than what you look like!

lonely boy

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the interesting article, looking forward to the review - I hope they are rubbish, so I won't want them!

No, seriously these look like very interesting headphones, yeah the design isn't to my taste either but it won't matter when they are on my head, as long as they are comfortable and sound good - that's all that matters.

It would be great if Sennheiser got back into manufacturing electrostatics again but I'm pretty sure that won't happen, so I suppose we could look at the HD800 as a sort of replacement for the HE60/90's and at £1000 that sounds like a bit of a bargain!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts