Sennheiser CX300, fake on amazon?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I was looking for an earphone and found this on amazon.

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000IDUP3G/ref=dp_olp_2

Can anyone please tell me they are genuine? I can't convince myself seeing it sells at 12 pound for an original piece. If it is true I will grab for my girlfriend as well. By the way, Richer Sounds sells for 25 pound.

Many thanks. Cheers.

A

Anonymous

They look genuine enough and the packaging looks like the real ones. But you cant be to sure they have not just copy and pasted a photo from the web. Loads of fake CX300 going around i would probally buy from a retailer atleast you know there real and have some after support as well

ÿ

Regards

Nick

A

Anonymous

Hi NickD2544,

I will leave UK on next Friday (17th April) and I need to make prompt decision whether to buy or not. As far as I am concerned amazon rarely sells fake stuff but who knows... Anyway apart from amazon I found Play.com selling the white CX300 at 12.5 pound. Is there any reason why the white version is cheaper compare to the black and silver? Both black / silver fetch higher price.

Link: http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/6-/Search.html?searchstring=sennheiser+cx300&searchtype=ELEC&searchsource=1

And Play.com is safer or amazon?

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

These are discontinued models - the new ones are already in the shops. Given this, the discount seems reasonable.

See also this thread:
http://community.whathifi.com/forums/1/166308/ShowThread.aspx

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

Just wana update you guys. Ordered two sets of CX300 at 12 pound each. Expected delivery next week
wink.gif

Finger crossed...

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

The link that you provided shows headphones for sale from 3rd party sellers via the amazon website and NOT AMAZON themselves. When you get them I would have a good look at them to check they are genuine.

I bought mine from Amazon from an 'Amazon Prefered Seller' (Indigo Fish) and they were genuine headphones see:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-CX300-Eco-Headphones-White/dp/B000S8EUSM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1239187052&sr=1-3

A

Anonymous

Binman:
Hi,

The link that you provided shows headphones for sale from 3rd party sellers via the amazon website and NOT AMAZON themselves. When you get them I would have a good look at them to check they are genuine.

I bought mine from Amazon from an 'Amazon Prefered Seller' (Indigo Fish) and they were genuine headphones see:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-CX300-Eco-Headphones-White/dp/B000S8EUSM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1239187052&sr=1-3

Hi Binman,

You are making me scary, should I cancel the order then? And change to other seller as you mentioned?

Cheers

Teeza

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
I bought some cheap cx400's before Xmas from a seller on Amazon and within a couple of weeks one earpiece stopped working.

When I tried to return them to the seller they had closed their shop and did not re-open as their "closed shop message" stated.

I put in an Amazon insurance claim, which settled in full, with minimal hassle and fairly promptly (well done Amazon!).

Were they fakes or was I just unlucky? I don't know. If they seem toooo cheap then be cautious, you might be even more unlucky - they might keep on working! (in a substandard way).

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Check the sellers returns policy. As far as I know you can return things bought on the internet if they havent been opened (as its distance selling). There are a few websites decicated to spotting fake CX300's. Check those websites with what you are sent through. Or, if you can cancel, just cancel and pay a bit more and get them from the Amazon prefered seller.

A

Anonymous

I have just sent an email to the seller asking whether CX300 they selling is genuine or not. It may sounds offensive but hey I am desperate. The seller has 1000 ratings and 98% positive. I think it should be fine...

Finger crossed...

Email replied and they assured me 100% genuine with 12 months back guarantee.

A

Anonymous

I bought a black pair last week on Amazon marketplace from a retailer called RS electronics. The packaging looks just like the original link and looks very convincing if it is a fake. Perfect really.... Are the fakes this perfect?

When I received them however I found them very tinny and thought they must be faulty or fake. I returned them and they promptly replaced them. The new pair don't sound any better really and I am really disappointed. I have been using the apple ear phones which come with the iPod Touch 2G. I have had lots of iPod earphones and I think these latest version ear phones sound pretty good and have definitely improved. I know people state they are poor but they are definitely no worse than the CX300 I have purchased.

Does anyone know how good these should sound as I heard mixed reviews. I only purchased them out of curiosity after reading a recommendation in the latest What HIFI mag stating they were now available for under £20.

I don't know what to do with them now. They were perfectly packaged and looking at them can't find any reason to think they are fake but they don't have the deep base everyone mentions and just sound very trebly. Some people mentioned its getting them positioned right in the ear. I've tried this with the smallest rubber ear pods and when you push them into the ear it forms an uncomfortable vacuum like you are on a plane! I may get used to this but they are really not comfortable. Should they sound instantly brilliant or am I expecting too much?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts