Sennheiser BTD 300 bluetooth not connecting to Chord Chordette Gem HELP

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Received my chord chordette gem and BTD 300 USB dongle for apt-x bluetooth today. I've had real problems trying to get the BTD 300 to connect to the chordette gem. My laptop seems to think the BTD 300 is a keyboard once its connected and the latest drivers are downloaded as its supposed to be plug and play and has no instillation. the light on the BTD 300 flashes blue then red for a few minutes then just goes red.

Any help would really be appreciated as I'm now considering sending it all back.

peter@57m

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the Gem with BTD 300i iPod dongle. When I first received it, I eventually found out the Gem I had did not support apt-x.

The pre apt-x Gems had a bluetooth handshake code of 1234. The apt-x Gems have a code of 0000. The instruction sheet with you Gem tells you which code to use. My Gem also has an apt-x sticker on the bottom.

Hopefully you do have the apt-x Gem as the dongle only uses the 0000 code.

When my dongle does not connect its normall that I have a PC on that has already connected to the Gem so is preventing the dongle connecting. Did you use you PC, iPhone or other phone to connect to the Gem. Are all these devices switched off or their bluetooth disabled? When I use my desktop, I have to disable the bluetooth connection which it makes automatically.

Hope this helps. When you get it working the quality is fantastic assuming you are using lossless files.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply I think I have got one of the pre aptx gems as the bluetooth code is 1234 I think I'll take it back and ask for one that supports aptx.

peter@57m

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
OK

Hopefully they can just exchange it for you as my dealer did. Its worth opening in the shop to check for the apt-x sticker or that the leaflet now says the code is 0000.

If there is any issue (I hope not) then you can contact Chord directly and send it to them for the upgrade. If I remember correctly it was just less tham 20 pounds including return postage.

TRENDING THREADS