senn hd600 cable upgrade

Olli1324

May 28, 2008
Visit site
I'm afraid I haven't heard that specific cable, but it sems awfully expensive...

I personally recabled my Allesandro MS-1s, with marginal benefits using some high quality (I think it was Canare) star quad cable from an online company called Canford. It is the same cable that comes with a number of very high end headphones as standard (in particular, the Audeze LCD-2s). If you fancy the DIY route it will likely yield the same, if not better, results as that cable but save you about $400...

A

Anonymous

Recent quote from sennheiser via local supplier in Bath for replacement cable for my 12 year old HD565 Ovations was £37 - I think this is quite steep to be honest !

bobshek

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Over on Head-Fi where all the headphone audiophiles visit and live, Whiplash TWAG cables for your headphones are very highly rated.

I'd do a google search for them and see what you come up with.

Bob

Adu

Dec 7, 2008
Visit site
I believe that this cable it's a great upgrade for Sennheiser HD600 & HD650, but it's not cheap:

http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=1&region=UK&currency=GBP&pf_id=5731&customer_id=PAA1360053511692VLFKSVECFCUPSHVT

idc

bobshek said:
Over on Head-Fi where all the headphone audiophiles visit and live, Whiplash TWAG cables for your headphones are very highly rated.

I'd do a google search for them and see what you come up with.

Bob

Hi, Bob, that will be me then! But, I am along with the Sound Science part of the forum who find that in reality, such cables have no effect unless you have a belief that they work. Is that a good enough reson to spend so much money?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
idc said:
...I am along with the Sound Science part of the forum who find that in reality, such cables have no effect unless you have a belief that they work. Is that a good enough reson to spend so much money?

So, they do have an effect if the users believe they can hear an effect?

Sounds like a good enough reason to me.

It leaves everyone happy. People who don't believe an effect can be heard are saving their money (happy), and people who believe the improved cables do sound better are getting more from their headphones (happy).

So that's that one sorted :)

idc

It certainly explains why some people find an upgraded cable works and others do not and why some people report the same cable with the same headphone makes the bass deeper, whilst others report the bass getting lighter.

Getting both sides of the debate about how cables work means people can can make a more informed decision as to whether to buy or not and their subsequent level of happiness.

TRENDING THREADS