Semi-balanced cable

Mr Beachams

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Just a quicky to ask if there would be any advantage using a ''semi-balanced'' cable between CD (Phono output) and the Power amp (XLR imput) because at the mo using crap cable between phono out to phono in....... I used to have this set up on my old monoblocks but there was no other choice as there were no phono inputs on those amps.

Thanks in advance

MrB

Mr Beachams

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I think what im trying to say is......... is it worth using the XLR inputs on my power amp even though my CD-T80 only has phono outputs, or should i just use the phono to phono connections. Its just i wouldnt want to spend my hard earned dosh on a cable with XLR on one end if i wont hear any differance. :boohoo: :rockout:

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi mr Beachams

I used a cable with RCA to XLR from a dac to preamp in order to prevent an earth hum which I got from standard phono interconnects.

The output voltage was also slightly higher from the xlr giving a slight increase in volume. Must say, it worked for me but I'd got a specific problem. The cable wasn't too expensive if I recall correctly. Sounded fine though.

Pedro

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts