Selling-up out of frustration!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Guys I'm absolutely blown away by the response this thread has received and the generosity.

There was I, having what I now realise was a reactionary whine because every time I save up for a pair of speakers, some bill consumes all the money. Got to the stage where I couldn't see the point in keeping what I'd got because I was never destined to use it, so may as well sell it.

Wife tells me I'm an absolute fool and that since I sold the Mission 794s and then found out I couldn't afford to replace them with anything better, how does selling the rest of my HiFi solve anything? I guess the true answer is 'it doesn't'.

Richard Allen, I will be in touch, but just not right now cos i'm at work.

You all are the best. :cheers:

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Just spoke to Richard Allen on the phone. What a great man. Looking forward to striking a deal with him on the ex-dem EB2s in a couple of weeks when they have been repatriated from WHFSV :cheers:

MajorFubar said:
Just spoke to Richard Allen on the phone. What a great man. Looking forward to striking a deal with him on the ex-dem EB2s in a couple of weeks when they have been repatriated from WHFSV :cheers:

Good stuff.

If you're stuck let me know and you can have my Alpha 7R. Not a great amp by modern standards but I've had years of enjoyment and has got me out of the s***e when the Leema was sent back for repair. It's still in wonderful condition, just don't have the original box - and it's sitting in the attic collecting dust.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a pair of Mission Stance stands that were given to me for nothing when I was looking at going back to standmounts a while ago ( didn't eventually, the highly rated speakers I tried were SO inferior to my Elan 30's that I quickly saw sense and abandond the idea ).

Anyways, they didn't cost me anything, so if it's any help you can have them for the P & P only.

Cheers.

T

the record spot

Major Fubar will be opening up his new online hifi shop in the very near future. :)

I'm hoping we can keep this kind of spirit alive, and collectively be a great help to everyone in genuine need.

Im no stranger to this kind of assistance , the car club I was in have helped several owners through bad times and got people back on their feet when everything seemed to be going wrong.

I'm more than happy to help anyone who falls upon hard times. That's human nature.

Lets make this forum something to be proud of.

To everyone that offered help/ equipment. Well done. Generosity in this day and age is rare.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
This thread has renewed my faith in the forum. Not all the members are malicious trolls.

I just wish I could have offered some kit, but the Major seems to have all the bases covered now.

Finally remember that if you feel down, just start singing "Always look on the bright side of life, de de de de......" It never fails to bring a smile to my face, and that is the first step to feeling happier again. :)

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
If anyone happens to have a spare pair of B&W 800 Diamond speakers and a Classé amplifier gathering dust in their attic then I'd be more than happy to borrow it off them. ;)

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
WOW!!! It's all I can say, like the Major, my eyes were covered with some water just reading this tread!

I went away from the forum, and "WHF film club" as well as I was spending to much time in here, and always wiht ipad in my lap, and to be honest there have been to much rubbish latterly between some forum members, but always will be like this, nothing we can do to change this...

I like to read Major posts, always in a constructive way!

I'm in Portugal and have some MA RX1 that I can give away to The Major, but he is in the right track! :grin:

Now reading this thread and consithering all the offers, one thing come to mind...

it is possible to create a "sticky" thread where forum members can donate "old" working gear to help who needs it?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Now reading this thread and consithering all the offers, one thing come to mind...

it is possible to create a "sticky" thread where forum members can donate "old" working gear to help who needs it?

How about starting a thread where people can donate their unwanted hifi equipment for selling on eBay and all of the money raised is given to the PDSA animal charity. There are always lots of sick and abused animals which need help and attention from vets.

-Getting-Up-To-Mischief-cute-kittens-9820830-1024-768_zps293d3e9e.jpg

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:

How about starting a thread where people can donate their unwanted hifi equipment for selling on eBay and all of the money raised is given to the PDSA animal charity. There are always lots of sick and abused animals which need help and attention from vets.

-Getting-Up-To-Mischief-cute-kittens-9820830-1024-768_zps293d3e9e.jpg

hi Steve,

i'm a animal person myself and i give many times food, and medications to a animal shelter near me, and i think your idea is spot on.

But this is a Hi-Fi forum and thats why I sudgest to create sutch Thread...

But We can do bouth, can we? :grin:

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I think that's fundamentally an excellent idea, but probably the only issue is everyone has their own favourite 'best worthy charity'. Of course the real truth is, most of them are equally worthy. But that kitten is too damn cute. :)

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
We could start a 'sticky' thread where people can sell their stuff for charity via eBay and the WHF mods allow us to advertise it on the forum as well provided 100% of the money is going to a charity?

It's easy to set up a charity sale via eBay Clicky and if there was a special charity 'sticky' thread kept at the top of the hifi section of the forum then it would get lots of extra views and attention from people looking to buy hifi equipment.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I put the earphones on eBay at the weekend. Then if it's ok with the mods I'll start a thread here with a link to the eBay page.

Hopefully a few other people will be willing to donate some of their unused HiFi equipment to charity too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts