Selling-up out of frustration!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Arcam A70 amp available, happy to loan it out till you find a replacement, although you may like to keep it once you've heard it. ;-)

i've also got a pair of Mission standmounts that don't sound too bad! always happy to help out another forum member.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
Arcam A70 amp available, happy to loan it out till you find a replacement, although you may like to keep it once you've heard it. ;-)

i've also got a pair of Mission standmounts that don't sound too bad! always happy to help out another forum member.

Blimey! Given some of the recent 'goings-on', this is a real breath of fresh air. I'm impressed!!!

MajorFubar said:
drummerman said:
Perhaps I can start something here which helps you out in the interim; Whilst I don't have a spare amplifier I do have a completely refurbished and quite rare Sony front loading Direct Drive turntable with a new stylus. I don't use it that often and rather than selling it or let it collect dust you are welcome to have it (should you have to sell the Thorens ... which I hope you wont). The Sony sounds very nice. Collect or arrange the courier is all you'd have to do.

Perhaps there are others on here that can help out with something else?

regards

That's unbelievably generous, I'm overwhelmed. But now i've calmed down a bit I think I need to draw-out a plan.

And for a start, that plan will include the number one rule that any money I receive from selling HiFi will get spent on HiFi. Not something else which I don't directly feel the benefit from.

I will turn all this into something positive.

Attaboy,. Chin up major. One cannot live without music. The suggestions so far have been illuminating. There are some decent folk on this forum aftere all it would appear.

Freddy58 said:
John Duncan said:
steve_1979 said:
It's illegal to keep the ripped copy of it if you don't also own the CD.
It's (still) illegal to rip the CD in the first place. It's just very unlikely that you'd be prosecuted.

You sure about that? I thought that was changed a while back?

I think this is still going through 'due process', but who the hell is going to know?

There are only a limited number of cells! :)

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Al ears said:
Freddy58 said:
John Duncan said:
steve_1979 said:
It's (still) illegal to rip the CD in the first place. It's just very unlikely that you'd be prosecuted.

You sure about that? I thought that was changed a while back?

I think this is still going through 'due process', but who the hell is going to know?

There are only a limited number of cells! :)

Look here Don't know if it's actually enacted, but seems like old news?

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Wife says i'm being too reactionary but I never listen to my HiFi any more because I don't want to listen to it without better speakers. I just look at it and see assets gathering dust which can be sold in order to pay some kind of bill which as sure as night follows day will sap my money.

The Thorens stays though. They'll have to pry it out of my cold dead fingers.

Right!!! Pin back lugholes Major. EB1, EB2 or the new EB4. Choice is yours.Sale or return. EB4 will be ready in 4 weeks time. A HiFier selling up???. Foodle!!. Guys, we can't allow this. I don't normally do this but I have a pair of EB2s coming back from WHFSV. They're worth nothing to me coz they're used. Yours for a token gesture. Try first, pay when you can. Either that or they come back, get stripped for the bits and the cabs go through the saw.

Call me on 01562 865788. You wannem?? they're ures. :cheers:

I said I wasn't coming back on this forum but, as I think you'll all agree, this is an emergency and that's what this forum is all about.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
That's a very kind offer Richard and welcome back to the forum. :)

There's been a positive and friendly atmosphere on the forum this week with a real sense of camaraderie which has made it a nice place to be. I wish that I had some spare HiFi equipment to give to Major myself but I don't have anything to offer (unless he wants to borrow a spare pair Westone UM1 earphones). These kind offers of HiFi equiuipment that people are willing to give away is a good reminder of what nice people there are on here.

:cheers:

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Richard Allen said:
MajorFubar said:
Wife says i'm being too reactionary but I never listen to my HiFi any more because I don't want to listen to it without better speakers. I just look at it and see assets gathering dust which can be sold in order to pay some kind of bill which as sure as night follows day will sap my money.

The Thorens stays though. They'll have to pry it out of my cold dead fingers.

Right!!! Pin back lugholes Major. EB1, EB2 or the new EB4. Choice is yours.Sale or return. EB4 will be ready in 4 weeks time. A HiFier selling up???. Foodle!!. Guys, we can't allow this. I don't normally do this but I have a pair of EB2s coming back from WHFSV. They're worth nothing to me coz they're used. Yours for a token gesture. Try first, pay when you can. Either that or they come back, get stripped for the bits and the cabs go through the saw.

Call me on 01562 865788. You wannem?? they're ures. :cheers:

I said I wasn't coming back on this forum but, as I think you'll all agree, this is an emergency and that's what this forum is all about.

Wowzer, great offer. I think they could just be your ideal speakers as well major.

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I have a pair of MS 914`s in my attic the Major is welcome to but thinking the shipping will be more than they are worth?? Still we can`t let a member become hi-fi less or more importantly music-less,great to see some solidarity on the forum :dance:

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
What a wonderful thread this is. Proper lump in the throat moment and my sincere respect for all of you that have offered to give/loan equipment to the Major. First class. :clap:

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Al ears said:
steve_1979 said:

Tell that to Amazon.

Buy your CD from them and they will automatically give it to you as an MP3 download.

Then flog the CD.

Hi, Apple, this is Orange. As you can see, he looks a bit brighter than you...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts