Selling equipment after buying an upgrade

iMark

We're thinking of buying a Yamaha R-N602 to replace three other boxes: a Yamaha R-S500 receiver, a Cambridge Audio DACMagic and an Apple Airport Express (801.11n). Is there a market for second hand equipment like this? I't all used but in prime condition. The Yamaha is about 4 years old, the DACMagic about 6 years. Original boxes are available. We may keep the Airport Express for other duties. It's the previous model that plugs in straight to a socket.

I have never sold equipment before, so I have no idea what would be reasonable prices. I have only bought new stuff if something was unfixable.

Buying a network receiver seems a great upgrade for us. The R-N602 ticks 99 out of 100 boxes. It only misses the rec out selector, which is quite handy for recording LPs to a laptop while watching TV. *biggrin*

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
iMark said:
We're thinking of buying a Yamaha R-N602 to replace three other boxes: a Yamaha R-S500 receiver, a Cambridge Audio DACMagic and an Apple Airport Express (801.11n). Is there a market for second hand equipment like this? I't all used but in prime condition. The Yamaha is about 4 years old, the DACMagic about 6 years. Original boxes are available. We may keep the Airport Express for other duties. It's the previous model that plugs in straight to a socket.

I have never sold equipment before, so I have no idea what would be reasonable prices. I have only bought new stuff if something was unfixable.

Buying a network receiver seems a great upgrade for us. The R-N602 ticks 99 out of 100 boxes. It only misses the rec out selector, which is quite handy for recording LPs to a laptop while watching TV. *biggrin*
Yamaha have just released the music cast amp and pre-amp I would look both of this units up before deciding on the R-N602 . Prices are £399 for the amp and £299 for the pre

Both will do Apple airplay , Spotify any music file , Internet radio , a very good dac onboard , wifi , multi room music and a lot more .

I've ordered the pre-amp to hookup to my amp or cdplayer not sure which yet till I get my hands on one .

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Dump it on the bay with a 99p starting price. Make sure you list under the correct category, make some bootyful pics, end it on a Sunday evening and you will get around the market value.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
drummerman said:
Dump it on the bay with a 99p starting price. Make sure you list under the correct category, make some bootyful pics, end it on a Sunday evening and you will get around the market value.

+ 1

or go on avforums

F

FunkyMonkey

I have bought a turntable on Gumtree. Also, we have sold loads of furniture on Gumtree. Find it better than Ebay in some respects.

FunkyMonkey said:
I have bought a turntable on Gumtree. Also, we have sold loads of furniture on Gumtree. Find it better than Ebay in some respects.

EBay it. There are advantages of PayPal and also disadvantages of charges. Gumtree is OK but less secure unless buyer collects and pays cash, May be wrong but not knowingly. ;-)

You could see if whenever you are buying new stuff from will take it as a trade-in but you invariably don't get a good price doing this.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts