Seeking small but splendid bookshelf speakers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

humbert15

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I was initially drawn to the B&W CM1s - I have some brand loyalty there and they do look bloody gorgeous - but I was warned off by more than one person who told me they wouldn't appreciate being so close to a wall.

moriarty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Can I suggest having a listen to the Dynaudio Excite X12's as well ...

I purchased a used pair of Totem Aro's (in effect the floorstanding version of the Dreamcatchers) last year as we have a fairly small listening room and wanted something unobtrusive. I'm afraid I couldn't live with them for very long. Undoubtedly very well made and they looked fab BUT with anything vaguely rocky (and I'm not talking Swedish Death Metal here) the bass sounded flat as a pancake to my ears. They faired much better with classical and acoustic type material but ...

After much investigation I replaced them with the Dynaudios and have been very pleased with the results.

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
humbert15 said:
I was initially drawn to the B&W CM1s - I have some brand loyalty there and they do look bloody gorgeous - but I was warned off by more than one person who told me they wouldn't appreciate being so close to a wall.

I've used my cm1's 300mm from wall, no bungs. Sounded fine, so you should be able to use bungs to your advantage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts