Seeking Help Comparing Two Different CD-Playing Options

Fillmore

Mar 28, 2022
Visit site
I am considering the Cyrus CD1-XR CD-Player or, alternatively, the Cambridge Audio CXC V2 transport paired with the Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100 DAC. Is the 3x price differential between the two options justifiable in terms of sound performance?

I am considering the Cyrus CD1-XR CD-Player or, alternatively, the Cambridge Audio CXC V2 transport paired with the Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100 DAC. Is the 3x price differential between the two options justifiable in terms of sound performance?
I would be looking at something in between like the excellent Audiolab 6000CDT and a DAC of your choice for more than acceptable sound.

Fillmore

Mar 28, 2022
Visit site
Is the slot-loading mechanism on the Audiolab 6000CDT more prone to scratching discs than the tray-loading mechanism on the Cambridge Audio CXC V2?

elliswils

Nov 11, 2021
Visit site
Your best option is to listen to both, preferably through your DAC and amp of choice (and speakers if that is possible).

I listened to the CXC vs CDt (not the CDi-XR) and I could hear more detail from the Cyrus. I ran both through the Dacmagic 200 , Vincent SV200 and B&W 706 S2 and sub. In the end I went with the CDt and an 82 DAC QXR. I already have an upgraded Arcam rBlink so didn't need the Bluetooth.

I've read a lot about the reliability etc. of the Cyrus mine have been fine. The CDt is noisy loading but quiet as when playing. I have a lot of the old three-inch/mini-CDs still, hang over from the eighties/nineties, and they load fine too. I've had two CDs that got rejected but a warm breath and a 'polish' shorted that out.

Having recently upgraded one of my two systems, and spent (for me) serious cash, the absolute key was/is to listen to the combinations and if you can in your home and not the acoustically perfect listening room where everything sounds fantastic!

Reactions: Symples

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts