Second/Spare system

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
We all have our cosseted main systems on which we probably spent more money on than we should. But what do you guys have as a second or spare system?

My second system consists of a SqueezeBox Touch with USB hard drive attatched plugged into a pair of AVI DM5 active speakers.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have an odds n sods 3rd system in my garage consisting of:-

Nad C320BEE, Marantz CD48, Monitor Audio RX1's and an old Technics TT.

Sounds bloody marvellous and I wouldnt mind if it was my no1 set up

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been playing around with a used Simple Audio Roomplayer as a second system, but mostly I have a Cabasse Stream 1 speaker which I'll quite happily listen to. This conveniently doubles up as a DLNA server and I can pipe music from it to my main system or to a Monitor Audio A100 amp in a different room.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
But I have a Sony str-dn 850 connected to audipro FS2 floor standers in my daughter's bedroom. Need to see how to get it connected to her keyboard though. That was the primary objective, to hear her play at loud volumes :)

Also have a YHT-400S that I will give away for free this summer. One of the forums in india that iam a member of, has this great separate section for folks giving away used hifi for free. Stuff usually gets picked up by kids just into high school or for their first system.

Don't expect much for it anyways, not worth the hassle of even posting a sale :)

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
In my house in Andalusia, my desktop system was a pair of Seiwin SN4 actives that were bought for £100, 'open box', from Studiospares some years ago.

They were driven variously by cheap dacs such as the Fiio D3 and the Behringer UCA202. Moving back to London this became my 'main' setup using an AEX and airplay. Speakers, refurb AEX, Audio Engine destop stands and cables cost around £200, all up.

Hardly hi-end, but a lot better than you might imagine, the SN4s making a very decent fist of filling an admitedly quite modest sized room. The shear simplicity appealed to me, so much so that a minimalist setup is now one of my top priorities. My current and proposed main system has my Adam Artist speakers on view, nothing else to see.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
My main sitting room system is a Marantz pm6005 with a Raumfeld connector on streaming duties and Q acoustic 2020i on stands with a Sony BDP 5500 as the cd player and for youtube videos. The tv is plugged in with rca s (as its old enough not to have optical out).

My secondary sytem which is in a shed done up as a boys room is a set of Mackie MR6 Mk3s plugged into pre-outs of an av receiver i purchased for real small money. I have a CCA and a second hand tv and another bluray connected. Due a recent change in marital status the shed has become ny main for the moment. I would have balked at the thought of using youtube as a music source until recently where I discoved though not always hifi bliss, it has a real high enjoyment/fun factor when it starts deciding videos based on previously wathched videos

TRENDING THREADS