Second hand Linn LK 140 or Klouts? 1 or x2?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I brought some expensive Hi Fi in the late 90’s, Sonus Faber Grand Piano’s, Linn Genki, Wakonda, and one LK 140. I knew nothing then or now about Hi Fi really, I just listened to loads of stuff and that combination sounded the best to me and the speakers looked great.

Still like the sound and I have no particular desire to throw it all out for an upgrade to new stuff. However I was looking on ebay and such places and have seen second hand Linn Klouts and LK 140 for sale. Does anyone think replacing the LK 140 with one or 2 second hand Klouts would be worth while sound wise? Or maybe just getting another LK 140 so I have one for each speaker? Because they are old they seem very reasonably priced, however I am also wondering if spending the same on new gear would actually be better given the advances in the last 7 years or so.

Also, does anyone know if the LK 140s or Klouts would be meaty enough to power Sonus Faber Cremona M floor standers?

Any help gratefully received.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
LK140 is although powerful enough, they are not good enough for the fantastic cremona. The Klouts however, imo, have a great senergy with the SF. I would go for the later model and pay around £800 for the best example. The best thing about the amp is they seem to go forever! As for a preamp I would try Audio Analog Bellini MK1 as they do gel very well together (better than Wakonda, imo)....expect to pay about £250 - £320 for a nice one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts