Searching for better music sound

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

First of all I'd like to apologize for my poor English.

I've a HC set composed of a Yamaha RXV-650, a Pioneer DVD 576A and a Kef KHT 5005 and a Loewe Modus42 plasma TV. I'm very happy with it as a surround sound system, but when I listen to music on it I don't get the sound I want. I'm always tweaking on the subwoofer volume trying to find the right setting (too boomy or lack of bass)...

I listen a wide variety of music: jazz, new age, pop, soul, r&b..

I've been thinking about buying a dedicated floorstanding speakers for music and use the Kef KHT just for the home cinema. I'm happy with Kef and I've thought about the new XQ30. But I have not read anything neither positive nor negative of them. I love its aesthetics specially with the piano black finish. Any opinions? Are they worth the money?

Would it be a good upgrade for my system? is the Yamaha worth those expensive speaker?

I planned buying the XQ30 as a first step and as soon as I save some money go for a Cambridge Audio AZUR740A or AZUR840A. Do you think it's a good move? or maybe would be better to look the iQ Series product range as iQ5, iQ7 or iQ9?

Thanks in advance.

Salvador.

John Duncan

Those are extremely expensive loudspeakers, and will wipe the floor with your eggs. However, for that sort of money you could create either a) a half decent separate music setup or b) an AV setup that will also sound good with music. You could get four PMC DB1s and a DB1 Centre (no sub) and I suspect you'd improve both movie and music immeasurably.

A

Anonymous

Thanks a lot for your reply John
emotion-5.gif

Any other opinion about those expensive speakers? Is their sound worth its price or they are just pretty speakers?

A

Anonymous

Hi smo, they are worth every pound but I would advise listening to them first as with any purchase.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Scott,

That's what I wanted to hear... 'their sound is worth every penny'. I think those expensive speakers from Kef have never been reviewed in WHF (the same for my KHT5005).

I'll try to find them and listen to them. But I think they're going to be hard to find here in Mallorca.

John Duncan

[quote user="smo"]
Thanks Scott,

That's what I wanted to hear... 'their sound is worth every penny'. I think those expensive speakers from Kef have never been reviewed in WHF (the same for my KHT5005).

I'll try to find them and listen to them. But I think they're going to be hard to find here in Mallorca.
[/quote]

I may be wrong, but I think he meant the PMCs.........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts