Screen Size and TV Signal

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi! Now I hope this doesn't sound TOO stupid a question!, but is there any relation between the size of the screen and the strength of the incoming aerial signal? i.e. The larger the screen do you require a stronger signal?

The reason I ask is that I use an indoor aerial (the reception is truly FANTASTIC, with all Freeview channels tuned), but I'm wanting to upgrade from my 20" screen to a 32", but not much point if the current signal won't run it.

Many thanks in advance for your opinions guys.

matthewpiano

If the digital signal is there, its there. If your reception is 'fantastic' the screen size won't make any difference whatsoever in this respect.

Obviously what you do find is that when you go to a larger screen you are only stretching the same number of pixels across a bigger surface, so you need to sit further back from it.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for that as well. I know it sounds pretty obvious but can't forget the bad old days of analogue and CRT where you really did need a good signal to run a large TV, so here's to a (hopeful!) bargain in the January sales!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts