Scandyna Minipod Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Does anyone know if the Scandyna Minipod or the Teardrop speakers are any good? Really like the look of them but want to know that they sound the part before shelling out. Would be using them in a smallish sized apartment living room with NAD C325 amp. Tend to listen to a bit of everything. Not a bass junkie but would prefer warm tones.

Any thoughts? 

Tonestar1

I think there used to be a company called blueroom who originally designed the pods. They used B&W drivers and the speakers were pretty highly rated. I'm not sure if Scandyna are using the same drivers or if they are just lookalikeys. Sorry my knowledge isn't great here but I would check what drivers the company is using before I parted with any cash. I'd rather have style with substance!

manicm

My ex has a 5.1 set of the full pods, before they were re-branded I think, in the stunning blue colour. They sound fantastic.

From what I believe they didn't really use B&W drivers, but an ex-B&W engineer designed them.

A

Anonymous

I have a pair and for the price are a reasonable purchase. I had matched them with a Onkyo a 9155 and was very pleased. Thier main advantage is that they can handle being stood anywhere (even hung the from the ceiling!). Try and avoid leaving them in direct sunlight as it discolurs the cones.

arashafaghi

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a pair of scandyna minpods and they are unbelievably good sounding.
First let me start with the power (100 watts) which is so much for a 80 square meter room, but the good news is that they can also be drivven with around 10 watts and presenting a neutral sound which makes them perfect for a small room as well as a big hall.
About the sound I should say all the legends about lack of bass is not true. It simply has a natural sound and can handle pretty much any thing from heavy metal to jazz, and god with those electronic musics. It has a warm sound and because of the rigid body and the fabulous shape, you won't hear the echoes and resonances from the body unlike most of the speakers today. As the back of subwoofer is directly tuned to front with an specific length, then one can hear no time delay between delivering the sounds. Tweeters are capable of shouting loud without getting so excited and becoming Sharp in ears.

The crossover knows what to do and changes between speakers without being noticed.

It has some good banana plug ready sockets at the back which. means it's not really 40 years old. The kevlar speaker is light and hard which means delivering basses right as they were recorded without adding their own texture to the sound.

But please be reminded to not judging them before a full day of playing music. As the bass may be more than what it really should be after a day. There is a mark2 available right now which is capable of playing a little deeper basses and still great to hear.

I java heard them through both Denon n7 and yamaha and it is perfect.

TRENDING THREADS