Say goodbye to HD Analogue Output from Blu Rays.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just read a report on another web site regarding to removal of Component video (or restiction to 540 lines) on all Blu Rays mastered from 1st Jan 2011. This is all because of the AACS Adopter Agreement, which came into force 1 January 2011. Then dropping all analogue altogether by 2013. Anyone using component video for thier projecter will be in trouble. An all digital world is upon you and you don't have a say. If you think about it, there's been no pre-out for HD audio on many of the new main steam Blu Ray players for a while now with only a few exceptions. If a Blu-ray has been authored after 1 January, and you still watch movies through component on your Blu-ray player, then you will have to watch out for a new Image Constraint Token logo on the packaging – or you'll be watching the movie through fuzzy eyes.

[:mad:]

A

Anonymous

I think WHF reported this story a while back, luckily all my setup is now digital, the component leads went a while ago.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yep, we covered this a while back - it's causing quite a consternation in custom-install circles, as a lot of installs use component video rather than HDMI.

A

Anonymous

I was just thinking of moving my spare S570 upstairs to the bedroom TV. It's Got a great picture, but old and only as Component video inputs
emotion-39.gif
. Thats scuppered that then.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:Yep, we covered this a while back - it's causing quite a consternation in custom-install circles, as a lot of installs use component video rather than HDMI.

From what I've seen resently, most installers are having to convert HDMI to Cat5 for long runs to projecters now. What effect does this have on picture quality?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Jase Brown:I was just thinking of moving my spare S570 upstairs to the bedroom TV. It's Got a great picture, but old and only as Component video inputs
emotion-39.gif

Surely if it's an old, second-room set with no HDMI then it's not Full HD resolution anyway? So only being able to receive standard-def signal via component isn't too much of an issue in that situ?

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
Jase Brown:I was just thinking of moving my spare S570 upstairs to the bedroom TV. It's Got a great picture, but old and only as Component video inputs
emotion-39.gif

Surely if it's an old, second-room set with no HDMI then it's not Full HD resolution anyway? So only being able to receive standard-def signal via component isn't too much of an issue in that situ?

I like the online content and would use the player for DVD duties.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Jase Brown:Clare Newsome:
emotion-39.gif

I like the online content and would use the player for DVD duties.

Surely the changes outlined above would have no impact on your capacity to do either of these things? In other words, you'll still be able to watch standard def DVDs and online content shouldn't be affected at all...
emotion-21.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Indeed.

The component video link will still work - just not necessarily at 1080p with Blu-rays; you'll see standard def instead where the Blu-ray concerned is coded accordingly.

DVDs and online unaffected, as suggested

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts