Satellites to go with B&W PV1 subwoofer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As part of a home cinema upgrade a few years ago I ended up with a B&W PV1 subwoofer but could not stretch to purchasing the associated M-1 satellites (kept satellites from my Pioneer NS-DV1000 Home Cinema in a box)

I'm now looking at purchasing new satellites and have demoed both the B&W's M-1's and KEF eggs with the PV1 and personally found the M-1's to be the better and an improvement on my current sat's.

However as I want to get this purchase right I'm curious about other options such as the Focal Dome's or the Monitor Audio APEX's.

Any views on a) Sub/Sat Mix&Match and b) good satellite options

P.S. Currently trying to track down dealer with appropriate kit combo's to demo

A

Anonymous

Go for the M-1s they work great with the PV1. Monitor Audio Apex is supposed to be good but they would cost you much more than the M-1s, probably twice as much. 5 M-1s should cost you 625 and they are the obvious choice. Also if your budget allows take a look at the CM5 system from B&W if you can go with bigger speakers.

A

Anonymous

Bigger speakers not really an option but budget flexible. That's why considering Monitor Audio APEX's.

Have heard good things about the MA's and I know from personal experience that the PV1 is a great subwoofer with both music and film.

So it would appear to be a marriage made in heaven (demo pending of course)

Just a little concerned about mix and matching speakers from different companies.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
It's been acknowledged before that the M1s aren't the greatest. In demoing I found them poor at the top end, though I did rate the KEF 3005SE sats as better, so ... I think the PV1 should be pretty flexible to go with other sats, and I've demod it with other sats with no integration issues.

I assume you're after style speakers?

I've found the Tannoy Arena sats to be very good, also 5* in WHF, and for me the Arena beat the MT-30 package hands down. Much more detail and better top end.

The Arena series are discontinued but if you can get hold of them are going really cheaply compaired to their original RRP, (but remember stands are separate if wall mounting). However, you might be able to pick up bargains on the Arena Highline 500 speakers, which are reportedly very good, and i think these have integrated wall mounting. The 500 package was the high end standard for style speakers in WHF until discontinued.

dazgwinn

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
My M1's sing with my PV1
I would not mix them, stick with B/W.
They havent been five star winners for years for nothing.
I've just watched Green Zone and the sound was awesome.
I'm dead chuffed with my setup
Have fun
Dazgwinn

TRENDING THREADS