skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
For those who have this amp and the original 1965 not the reissue 1999. What do you love about it and what are you pairing with it from speakers to input sources.

Crumbs, I had to look that up. I was momentarily thinking of the AU-101 I knew from the 1970s, but obviously you have a very different beast in mind!

I imagine they’re exceedingly rare, especially in the UK.
i think there are going to be very few replies to this one....
The question was raised on December 19th and I don't think there were any replies.....

Last edited:

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
Crumbs, I had to look that up. I was momentarily thinking of the AU-101 I knew from the 1970s, but obviously you have a very different beast in mind!

I imagine they’re exceedingly rare, especially in the UK.
I had the au 501 past to me from my father through the loft hatch as a kid.
Very similar in look to the au101 and paired it with tannoy m15s, mission 760i, some rotels I can't remember and a dreadful pair of acoustic solutions things I made a kids mistake on.
It drove them all fine although the rear fuse used to blow every now and then when running 4 speakers using system a&b together.
I had that amp yrs even having my first pair of DJ decks run through it.
It took some punishment that I can tell you and moved various times with me.
I didn't know what I had 😢 I've only seen one other au 501 pop up on eBay for spares or repair at 450 £ once.......

Reactions: nopiano

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
I had the au 501 past to me from my father through the loft hatch as a kid.
Very similar in look to the au101 and paired it with tannoy m15s, mission 760i, some rotels I can't remember and a dreadful pair of acoustic solutions things I made a kids mistake on.
It drove them all fine although the rear fuse used to blow every now and then when running 4 speakers using system a&b together.
I had that amp yrs even having my first pair of DJ decks run through it.
It took some punishment that I can tell you and moved various times with me.
I didn't know what I had 😢 I've only seen one other au 501 pop up on eBay for spares or repair at 450 £ once.......
Cool but I was referring to AU-111 which was their last but best engineered tube integrated amp

TRENDING THREADS