samsungs 7,8 and 9 series tvs .. all full 3d ???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
it appears so , and appears to say so in a recent whfi news story , which if i understand correctly , means that samsung are not making any 3d ready tvs , they will all be full 3d ? can anyone confirm this ? the panasonic 50vt20 is going to cost upwards of £2k , the samsung ps50c7000 can be found online for as little as £1300
emotion-7.gif
a full 3d 50in plasma for that price ? could it be ? anyone ?

A

Anonymous

Can't see it myself but it would be interesting to see if it is true. What I would say is after a quick price search a lot of the sellers of this screen around the £1300 price mark are unkown to me. If they can do it why aren't there a load of reputable sellers out there also doing it at the same price?

A

Anonymous

they are all full 3d , but you need to buy the glasses at £150 a pair afaik , and yes thats a good point regarding the sellers , comet electrical has it for £1600 , thats £1900 with glasses , hmmm , not as exciting as i first thought , but why so much cheaper than their lcd series , the one whfi reviewed is £1800 , and its only a 40in .. very strange..

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Not strange at all - plasmas are a cheaper prospect than LCDs (particular LED backlit LCDs) for several manufacturers, Samsung among them. Older technology, more established production lines with higher efficiency rates - all sorts of reasons.

A

Anonymous

can be got at simply electricals for £1395 .. does anyone know anything about them ??

also , ive read that if one purchases a 3d sammy and 3d bluray player , they get 2 pairs of glasses free
emotion-4.gif

hmmm , interesting...

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:Not strange at all - plasmas are a cheaper prospect than LCDs (particular LED backlit LCDs) for several manufacturers, Samsung among them. Older technology, more established production lines with higher efficiency rates - all sorts of reasons.
ah ok , that makes more sense , still , the 7 series plasmas are looking like they will be a lot cheaper than the vt20 , i know i know , we wont know whats what until they have all been reviewed , but pana must know what theyve got on their hands , to have already raised their price knowing the competition from samsung is quite a bit cheaper .. roll on the reviews..

glasses here for £79.99 .. again , not too sure about the site...

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:

Clare Newsome:Not strange at all - plasmas are a cheaper prospect than LCDs (particular LED backlit LCDs) for several manufacturers, Samsung among them. Older technology, more established production lines with higher efficiency rates - all sorts of reasons.
ah ok , that makes more sense , still , the 7 series plasmas are looking like they will be a lot cheaper than the vt20 , i know i know , we wont know whats what until they have all been reviewed , but pana must know what theyve got on their hands , to have already raised their price knowing the competition from samsung is quite a bit cheaper .. roll on the reviews..

glasses here for £79.99 .. again , not too sure about the site...

Thats true , now image you have a PS3 , image you can update firmware - voil  - 3d blu ray - you are almoust ready to 3d for less 1000 £ then panasonic 50vt20 - (yes im forgetting glasses price) again im not question pana quality, but vt20 isnt on my budget right now and to tell you the truth it has got to be a very very good set to justify the diference for this samsung ...

A

Anonymous

imagine you have a 3d samsung , and a ps3 , and you update the firmware to enable the ps3 to display 3d , then , imagine that your ps3 has no 1.4 spec hdmi out that you need to connect to your active 3dtv ? (which of course it doesnt) i dont think you could use the ps3 unless its on an lg , passive 3dtv that will accept the data over 1.3 spec hdmi , but i could be wrong ..

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:imagine you have a 3d samsung , and a ps3 , and you update the firmware to enable the ps3 to display 3d , then , imagine that your ps3 has no 1.4 spec hdmi out that you need to connect to your active 3dtv ? (which of course it doesnt) i dont think you could use the ps3 unless its on an lg , passive 3dtv that will accept the data over 1.3 spec hdmi , but i could be wrong ..

Not quite max..please read this :

You're right. The PS3 doesn't have hdmi 1.4 . However with the firmware update that Sony is going to provide in the Summer (with the launch of their 3D Bravias), the firmware will update via software the hdmi port to allow as much of the hdmi 1.4 spec that the PS3 is capable of without physically changing out the hardware. Watch this video that explains everything about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLeOx...layer_embedded

Basically, the PS3 still won't be 100 percent compliant with hdmi 1.4, but it will be compliant with enough of it for their 3D software to work the way they need it to. The biggest downside to the whole thing is that they are requiring the displays to have 1.4 ....

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
AIUI the 3d part of 1.4 can run on 1.3 cables and connectors, it's only audio return and ethernet channel that require the additional pins of 1.4.

I may have just made all that up though, YMMV...

A

Anonymous

ah , thanks for clearing that up , i was wondering how the ps3 would manage it ..
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS