Samsung UE55f8000 on delivery but....

fourforkshouse

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
yep, I have ordered one from John Lewis and it will be with me within a week. I have started to realise that my existing home cinema system will not cope with 3D blu ray. i have a KEF speaker package, a Pioneer BDP -LX71 and a Pioneer VSX LX 52, both were very good a few years ago but are not ready for the new 3D world. I know I will have to change the blu ray player, but do I need to change the Receiver? I know that if I buy a player with two HMDI outputs then I can split the signal, but are there any down sides to this such that I should buy a new receiver too? Is it easy for instance to ensure that the video and audio sync? Are there currently any benefits in keeping with Pioneer for a new player in terms of control? I had thought about a BDP 450, but have read that there are issues with that? Any advice gratefully received.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
The Blu-ray player is top notch very good indeed, 5star review on this very site no issues from the review, you could have problems with any player, but I have been told that the issues that were causing a few niggles have been sorted by firm-ware update, as for the Amp I am looking now, the older pioneers are slowly dropping a little more now, as for yours I am sure some one will advise, I think you can use multi channel outs if yours has them for the new surround formats/DTS Master Audio etc, I have been out of the Cinema side of things for a while now so need to catch up. I think you could still enjoy the 3D Side with 2 HDMIs as you say, but not 100%. Big Boss is the man for this answer. Anyway the Blu-ray can be had for £185 now great deal, just do a search, or check out the new What HiFi Shop, this will put in touch with good dealers. 8)

fourforkshouse

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. I presume that I will need a new high speed HDMI lead from th enew player to the TV, but an exiting older cable will do from the player to the amp, as the amp only as the original HDMI standard.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Which HDMI cable do you have? What you want is the high speed HDMI cable that supports 3D. You probably have the cable already, so give it a try before you rush out and buy a new one.

See here

fourforkshouse

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Final question. If I decided to buy a new cinema amp, with a budget of say £500-750 would I see that much change in the quality of my viewing and listening?

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
fourforkshouse said:
Thanks guys. I presume that I will need a new high speed HDMI lead from th enew player to the TV, but an exiting older cable will do from the player to the amp, as the amp only as the original HDMI standard.

wireworld chroma 6 its the best hdmi cable iv seen and heard,iv got three of them they are £60 tho.but worth it

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
it's also worth considering whether you actually want/need 3D.

If you do, go for it, but if you're just trying to keep up with technological advances, it's worth noting that some people are of the view that 3D was only the "new thing" to hype while manufacturers made up their minds about 4K and OLED and other future "new trends", and the punters didn't really take to it.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
fourforkshouse said:
Final question. If I decided to buy a new cinema amp, with a budget of say £500-750 would I see that much change in the quality of my viewing and listening?

Given that the Pioneer was pretty good in its day, and can handle HD audio via HDMI if I remember correctly, then I don't think you need to change it at this point. £500-£750 would get you one of the Award-winning Yamahas from 2012, but given that the new models are on the way, I'd wait for now.

fourforkshouse

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Further to the previous posts, I have set up the system using HDMI leads going from both ports. Video to the TV, and audio to the amp, but the sound going from the Pioneer 450 to my old Pioneer Amp does not sync properly. I cannot see any settings to adjust the syncing, in the same way as you can with the Sky box. Have I missed anything?

fourforkshouse

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Bigboss, thank you for your reply. My amp is a VSX-LX 52 and the player a Pioneer BDP 450. I think the link you have posted is for a BDP LX52 player. I do not have any setting son either peice of equipment (as far as I can see) relating to lip sync.

Paul.

fourforkshouse said:

How old is older? The HDMI needs to be a minimum of 1.3 spec for auto lip sync to work.

fourforkshouse said:
Bigboss, thank you for your reply. My amp is a VSX-LX 52 and the player a Pioneer BDP 450. I think the link you have posted is for a BDP LX52 player. I do not have any setting son either peice of equipment (as far as I can see) relating to lip sync.

Page 61 of LX52 amp's manual (auto delay):

http://docs.pioneer.eu/Manuals/VSX_LX52_ARB7428_manual/

fourforkshouse

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Paul, do I therefore need 3 hi speed HDMI's? One from the blu ray to the TV, one from the player to the receiver, and one from it? Given the output from the receiver will not, I resume, be hi speed.

fourforkshouse

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to return, but I have all new cables and still the sound does not sync when the HDMI signal from the player is split between the TV and receiver. I do not know if I need to buy a new receiver or if there is a problem with my player. I had read of some sync issues with this particular player.

fourforkshouse

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to return, but I have all new cables and still the sound does not sync when the HDMI signal from the player is split between the TV and receiver. I do not know if I need to buy a new receiver or if there is a problem with my player. I had read of some sync issues with this particular player.

recruit

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Speaking of 3D, I have the 46" version of this TV and watched The Art Of Flight on it last night and have to say it was jaw dropping good, even the girlfriend who thought previously that 3D was a waist of money commented on how good it actually is on the new Samsung!!

fourforkshouse said:

Have you read my post and tried what the manual suggested?

TRENDING THREADS