Samsung SMT-S7800 - Discontinued?

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
a lot of the poor amazon reviews relate to an older version which was very buggy, but some firmware sorted that.

That said... mine has started to play up a bit - it sometimes doesn't recognise remote commands (using either my harmony remote or the samsung-supplied one) and when watching something from the HDD this weekend I paused and then pressed play, and the on-screen graphic showing how long was left wouldn't leave the screen. It wouldn't advance either (so showed I was 31 minutes into a 47 minute recording for the remainder of the programme, which made subtitles hard to see). It also remained on screen after I turned it off (!) so had to turn it off at the plug...

The user interface isn't nearly as good as a sky+ box either...

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
It seems like its been discontinued. Whilst I could get one from Amazon marketplace or eBay I wanted to check to see if a new version was being released to superceed it.

I'm looking for a Freesat box for my bedroom TV. I looked at the Samsung because it was WHF's Awards 2012 winner.

Maybe one of the editorial team can comment.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
before buying a freesat recorder, I has a freesat reciever - the Humax Foxsat. I thought the Humax user experience was much better (although not used the Humax PVR).

daveh75

Personally i'd be looking at the Humax HDR-1000s as its the only G2 box on the market right now.

The rest are either pretty ancient now, or were poor..

You Can pick the HDR-1000 for around £185 on a 'Managers special' from Humax Direct

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts