Samsung series 8 app help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just bought a new series 8 tv. It is superb BUT I don't have a BBC iPlayer app or can I figure out how to get one? Have I done something wrong in the setup.

A

Anonymous

Think I sussed it. I am not tuned to Freesat. It has four options Air, Cable, Satelite, freesat. When I try freesat it tells me no connection can be made so I must have it wired wrong. I will draw. Picture of the setup and take it to maplins tomorrow see if they can give me the cables I need

LouisDobie1890s

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
BJ R, how are you getting on with this new set?? I am tempted with the 55 but would like some feedback from the courageous who have already spent the cash. Are you happy??

A

Anonymous

Yes very happy. There are a few bug bears though. (1) menu bleep every time you select or navigate - very irritating and I have just mailed Samsung to see if there is any way of turning it off (2) voice recognition needs you to shout (3) motion control needs to be in a very brightly lit room. (4) BBC apps not in the Samsung app arena so can't get iPlayer. The voice and motion issues are not so important as I view them as gimmicks. The manual is a bit poor. Bottom line though is picture and functionality - both score high for me but would recommend a test viewing rather than take my word for it

LouisDobie1890s

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for that and glad you are enjoying it. I can imagine that the voice recognition and gesture control are gimmics but overall, the picture quality is what counts. I will definetly try before I buy though, but will probably still go for it...cannot wait. :dance:

A

Anonymous

I have a satellite dish but it is into the sky box. I think I would need another lead from the dish direct to the tv to get freesat and I suspect that freesat is where the BBC iPlayer live

nads

when i brought my Samsung "TV" over it updated over WiFi and the IPlayer app was there no probs.

dont want to state the obvious do you have it connected to the internet?

A

Anonymous

I have just ran a wifi software update and an update by scan (channel option) both say my software is up to date (version 001003) Do you have Freeseat on? I am convinced in my mind that is the issue. But funnily enough you would have thought the web link would allow easy access to download the BBC News App but that isn't happening either! All a bit frustrating and no reply from Samsung customer service.

A

Anonymous

Now this is interesting....on my smart hub when I push the prism I get a screen which has (left to right)

Top TV screen (small) five apps (Netflix facebook twitter history explore 3d) then top right I have a link to smart tv

Howver when I select that all I get is a picture of the telly with prisms and apps flying out of it, it doesn't do anything

Am I missing a trick? It seems a worthless icon - I wonder if I have missed something in setup

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andy you are clearly ahead of me. I am convinced it is something to do with my setup now. I have the Satelite box connected via the scart adaptor, may be that Is why when I search for channels via Satellite as the aerial or Freesat I get nothing. I have the tv tuned via Air. Everything works except for this smart tv icon. I just get a picture of the telly with icons. Other users say this icon is where the iPlayer is hid

A

Anonymous

Plot thickens.....I bit the bullet and rang Samsung Technical Support. The first chap sent me a link to download new firmware. I did this and updated that but it made no difference (other than giving me a link to the Berlin Philharmonic!) so I rang them back. I got a different bloke who seemed more knowledgable (or may have just been better at bluffing in a confident voice). He told me that the icon on the top right of the smart hub screen is not active. It is just meant to be a pretty picture. Seems plausible but also seems a bit of an unnecessary and irritating addition (it takes up room on the screen and confuses dimwits like me). I told him I was after iPlayer 4OD etc and he told me that they aren't currently avaiable but will be included in a software update scheduled to go out in the next week or so. So there you go, completely confused, partially satisfied, and will be unleashing a rampant fury if the update promised does materialise. So could be either :dance: or |(

gunner

Sep 4, 2007
Visit site
it is possible to turn off the bleeps in the menus, takes a bit of finding though

its not called what you might think.

its in general settings i beleive

gunner

Sep 4, 2007
Visit site
it is possible to turn off the bleeps in the menus, takes a bit of finding though

gunner

Sep 4, 2007
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts