Samsung QLED TV QE55Q85TATXXU audio sync

david bell

Oct 19, 2020
Visit site
Samsung are in denial that their 2020 models are unfit for purpose with major audio sync issues.
My TV is new out of the box only 4 weeks ago and the audio delay is driving me crazy . . . but not as crazy as Samsung's awful customer care.
My setup is only the TV and a Sky Q 2TB box (which has been given a clean bill of health by a Sky engineer ) Samsung have done updates and resets without success but still refuse to replace their useless product. I've tried all manner of cabling configurations & adjustments but to no avail.
The product is simply not fit for purpose as a modern domestic smart TV.
Any advice would be gratefully received . . . and my advice to the Community is avoid Samsung 2020 TV's

Where did you buy the TV from? Is the audio sync issue only with Sky or also built-in Samsung apps? What's your setup like? Audio from Samsung TV's speakers or have you got a sound system? How have you connected everything?

david bell

Oct 19, 2020
Visit site
Where did you buy the TV from? Is the audio sync issue only with Sky or also built-in Samsung apps? What's your setup like? Audio from Samsung TV's speakers or have you got a sound system? How have you connected everything?
I purchased my TV from Currys. It is almost impossible to talk to them. Because of the their need to limit their sevice (COVID safe procedures ) They alwaysrefer me to Samsung (even emails to their CEOs office are ignored.
My set up is quite straightforward.
NO terrestrial aerial, NO Freesat, NO Freeview. NO soundbar or any other external speakers. HDMI from SKY Q to TV ARC?HDMI. Audio sync problems persist on all tuned channels via Sky. Audio sync problems also persist with all smart apps and streaming services (Iplayer, Netflix Prime etc.
Samsung reps have tried to reset me remotely without success. They simply bat me back and forth.
A £1500 brand new TV simply unfit fit for purpose as a domestic television. Faultless audio sync should be the prerequisite. I am at a loss to decide how to go from here.

david bell

Oct 19, 2020
Visit site
1) Try another HDMI port as you really don't need ARC.

2) Your contract is with Curry's so Samsung won't help. It is Curry's responsibility to put things right. You have the right to reject as not fit for purpose.
Currys are masters at prevarication, hiding behind ' we are operating limited services due to coronavirus guidelines' Their CEOs office acknowledge emails but they then go in a deep hole. Their Service Dept say that 'under current circumstances please refer to the manufacturers direct.' Continually ducking and diving hoping I will get tired and go away.
Currys and Samsung have already lost me as a future customer and I urge anyone to think twice about doing business with them . . . . But they've still got £1500 from me for a product unfit for purpose. Appalling customer care from both of them.

Did you pay via credit card? You can raise the issue through them (even if you've only made part payment by credit card, you will be covered for the whole product).

Samsung can't do much more, to be honest because your contract is with Currys.

For future reference, Richer Sounds and John Lewis are better than Currys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tonestar1

Avane

Jun 25, 2021
Visit site
Currys are masters at prevarication, hiding behind ' we are operating limited services due to coronavirus guidelines' Their CEOs office acknowledge emails but they then go in a deep hole. Their Service Dept say that 'under current circumstances please refer to the manufacturers direct.' Continually ducking and diving hoping I will get tired and go away.
Currys and Samsung have already lost me as a future customer and I urge anyone to think twice about doing business with them . . . . But they've still got £1500 from me for a product unfit for purpose. Appalling customer care from both of them.
Hello,
Im from Brasil and was searching about audio delay on samsung tvs and just found this post of yours...
So im having exactly the same problem with a tv samsung 65QN85A, bought just 2 weeks ago, and since the first moment, it delays the audio if i use cable tv...
Its not sky, but normal cable tv, but the delay is the same, on every channel of cable...
Already tried, reset on tv, decoder, change the hdmi port, the cables...
Samsung doesnt give any information or help about this issue...
Is your problem solved?? Or u had to return your unit??

Ghazi

Sep 7, 2021
Visit site
Hello
I'm from Morocco and have an audio delay on my new purchased Samsung smart 40T5300 TV. It occurs systematically when I use my sat receiver with HDMI entry regardless of channel (SD, HD even recorded stuff on the receiver through PVR function). Sound is always delayed on my TV speakers (I don't use any soundbar).

Samsung knows the problem with their 2020 and probably 2021 lines well, however the local distributor accepted to change the motherboard of the TV (under warranty) but without success. Even software updates could not fix the problem.

Later a technician informed me (informally) that when the problem was reported to Korea, samsung asked their local teams to inform unsatisfied customers that their TV's should only be used with well known sat receivers and that their TV's are are of irreproachable quality. Needless to inform you that the same receiver works flawlessly with on old 43K5300 TV from 2016 (the good old days...)

Believe me, in terms of quality, samsung probably downgraded all their TV series (hard & software), their recent lines are crap.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts