SAMSUNG PLASMA PIXEL SHIFT FUNCTION

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi i have a c7000 plasma tv which has this function which allows you to set the pixels to shift from between 1-4 minutes to prevent screen burn my question is what should this be set to for my 50" plasma and does this function also prevent image retention

A

Anonymous

It doesn't seem to help too much on mine, but it only effects the bars on the left and right when watching 4:3 material, unfortunately it does not activate when watching 21:9 material with the top and bottom bars.

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
It is worth having switched on if you watch a lot of material with letterboxing or pillarboxing - I have mine on 1 minute and maximum shift both horizontally and vertically - if you have kids who watch a lot of 4:3 SD channels and leave the TV on for hours, it does help.

One thing to remember is that it only works in the 16:9 and other ratio options but not in screen fit. This is because all the other options are overscanned and have pixels around the edge to move. Screen fit however is a 1:1 pixel for pixel screen map, so has no extra image around the edge to move.

Whether it will lessen your image retention depends on your particular screen, but it can certainly do no harm, and even if you see it working, you do become oblivious to it after a while.

Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts