Samsung LED TV and Sky + HD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Could someone help with this please?

On Monday I had 2 Samsung TV's installed plus 2 Sky + HD boxes. It was set up by the suppliers (Comet) and by Sky. I wouldn't know where to start.

One system works fine but the other doesn't. The only difference between the two is that the one with problems has a blu ray home cinema sytem included. Also, on the one that works Sky provided the HDMI cables whereas on the one that has problems they installed ones that I purchased from Comet (brand name Monster).

The problem is that when I use either the Sky remote or the TV remote to turn the TV off it shuts down the whole system, including the Sky HD box. Not just to standby, but turns the Sky HD box off entirely, so that when I turn the TV back on I have to wait for the Sky box to reboot from scratch. Sky + therefore doesnt work without the TV on as the box is switched off.

Comet's help line talked me through a system restart but it had no effect and referred me to Sky technical helpline. They said they had never come across this problem but tried a few things without success. They said at one stage that the two remotes must be operating on the same frequency and there was nothing they could do. I politely pointed out that the sytem shuts down without use of the remotes when you turn the TV off at the set, so that can't be right. Plus I cant see Samsung selling HD tellies that are incomaaptible with Sky HD boxes!

I have insisted they send round an engineer to check the set up out and install a new box if necessary which they have agreed to do but in advance of them coming:

- has anyone else had this problem? and if so

- what was the cause and what is the fix?

Thanks & Regards

Eric (Stoke on Trent)

A

Anonymous

Hi Eric

I have a similar setup - Samsung Ue40B7020 with Sky HD and have had a problem with the sky box itself, not the TV. I reinstalled the Sky software on the box and for past 3-4 weeks all has been well.

I would guess that the Sky rather than the TV is at fault

A

Anonymous

Thanks mate. Comet suggested a software restart but the Sky technical person either couldn't or wouldn't do it over the phone.

Anyhow they are sending someone round next week to see if a new box does the trick.

I have to say that its only this sky box switching on and off business that is the problem. The UE46B8000XW TV on HD is amazing.

I'll post the outcome. Sky are not due back until Wednesday 09 December however.

Regards

Eric

A

Anonymous

SORTED: I decided to check the connections for myself to find that either Sky or Comet had plugged the unit leads wrongly into the the Monster Power Center so when the telly was turned off the sky box went off with it. All reconnected and now works perfectly.

Cheers Scoob.

Have a great Christmas

Eric

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts