Samsung LE26A457 - HDMI only alllowing 4:3 format on 16:9/ widescreen recordings!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having problems with our Samsung LE26A457.

After a few initial issues I’ve used a
HDMI QED Performance cable to connect up which has improved visuals massively.

However with the HDMI cable it seems to force a number of broadcasts and dvds to 4:3 rather than the 16:9 it should be!!!! Am now having to swap between RGB QED cable & hdmi so I can view in 16:9.

Seems damn ridiculous and my patience is running out with this TV. I’ve tried the basic format button on remote but it will not change when using HDMI, however it will change with RGB.

Any help much appreciated,

David

A

Anonymous

Got my Samsung coming today, hope i don't have any issues.
Might seem a little obvious, but have you rang Samsung product support?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Well from the manual:

Screen Mode: 16:9/ Wide Zoom/Zoom/4: 3 When setting the picture size to "Auto Wide" in a 16:9 wide TV, you can determine the picture size
you want to see the 4:3 WSS (Wide Screen Service) image or nothing. Each individual European
country requires different picture size so this function is intended for users to select it.
16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode
Wide Zoom: Magnify the size of the picture more than 4:3.
Zoom: Magnify the size of the picture vertically on screen.
3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode.
This function is available in "Auto Wide" mode. This function is not available in "Component" or "HDMI" mode.

The last sentence is the important one, the TV will be attempting to display the picture in what it thinks (or is being told by the attached equipment) is the correct ratio. If that means the program is 4:3 then that's what it'll display. What have you connected by HDMI?

TRENDING THREADS