Samsung h6400 vs Sony kdl50w829b

straygoat

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello, first time poster.

I'm looking for a bigger TV and am considering the highly recommended Samsung h6400 and the more expensive sony 50w829b. The Sony is two hundred and fifty quid dearer in jl, but with a free soundbar that I don't need. The thing that has me concerned is the 400hz and 30+ input lag on the Samsung, whereas the Sony is higher refresh and mid-twenties lag. I play games a lot and watch football, but not sure if I will notice the lag on the Samsung.

I currently have a Sony kdl32 from around 2009 which is pretty good, but too small. Would the lag and refresh on the Samsung be worse than my current set? I'd hope not, but best to check. Always had Sony kit before.

Any advice, especially from owners of these TVs would be very welcome. The so y us top end of my budget, I'm not going above 750.

Thanks.

straygoat

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
If playing games are important for you, get the Sony.

Thanks Big Boss. Is that just because of the lag? I'd heard that there might be some motion blurring with the Samsung too? How does the Sony picture fare against the Samsung? I read the review, but it seems to say that the Sony picture isn't as good?

TRENDING THREADS