Samsung giving me a new telly. Which one should I ask for?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I posted this question in the wrong place before so apologies to anyone reading this again.

My LE46M86 has been at the TV hospital for three weeks now and they have now informed me that it cannot be saved since it needs a mother board transplant and none are available from Samsung ('very long lead-time').  So I am informed that Samsung will be contacting me to offer a replacement. I'm hoping that I will get a choice, so with that in mind, which is the best set Samsung do at the moment? I'm guessing the series 9 is the pick of the crop but haven't been able to find any reviews on the LE46A956D1M. Has anyone experienced this model?

A

Anonymous

Im not a massive LCD fan but the new 9 series is a great tv, with LED Backlight system and a really cool content library that will amaze your friends, It has art work built in so you tv can turn into a work of art also has recepies and yoga too. fantastic.

But If they tell you to jump go for series 7, this has LED Tech, series 8 is there ultra thin lcd with normal backlight system but this one has the content library.

A

Anonymous

hi i've got a series 9 (46) and it is a fantastic tv.if samsung offer you one snap their hand off i can't recommened this tv enough!.

i have writen a review under the name of madd4muff (but what hi fi got all funny about the name so i had to change it to madd4mudd) i think the review is still on the forum.just search for it above (just checked and it is still there.my name is down as madd and it says my review).sky HD is a absolutely amazing!

i don't think the series 7 has LED backlighting.when i was looking for a set i checked samsungs web site and phoned them but there is nothing about led on the 7's.

good luck

A

Anonymous

i don't think the series 7 has LED backlighting.when i was looking for a set i checked samsungs web site and phoned them but there is nothing about led on the 7's.

This tv has got LED backlight, the samsung web site isn't the greatest, odd i know.

A

Anonymous

The 756 does not have LED backlighting, but the 786 does I believe. Isn't it more likely though that they will just offer you one of equal spec to your telly which they can't finx? I'd be really suprised if you get anything other series 6, but good look anyway!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your advice everyone. Haven't heard from Samsung yet- I'm told they'll probably write. Fingers crossed that i get a choice. Will let you know the outcome and what the new TV is like as and when.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts