Samsung Gallaxy Ace

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I brought the misses one a few months back, she loves it.

I personally found the firmware a little 'homebrew' looking coming from an iPhone, but at £160......a bargain for sure.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
The last line of a review on a well-known hardware site sums it up

'it looks much like an iPhone 4, but underneath it has plenty of Android treats to rescue it from the realms of the also-rans.'

A

Anonymous

Yes, nice little phone. :clap:

Sorry about the typo!

T

the record spot

What's the battery life like chaps? Can you get into a second day even with "real world" use? I don't mean hammering web, tets and calls, but regular stuff - I'm a heavy web user at times, with the odd text and my Nokia E52 lasts well into two days.

The only other phones I'd consider just now are the Motorola Atrix and Smasungs Galaxy S2 which has a beefier battery (1650maH I think). Thoughts on the Ace are welcome though!

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
the record spot said:
What's the battery life like chaps? Can you get into a second day even with "real world" use? I don't mean hammering web, tets and calls, but regular stuff - I'm a heavy web user at times, with the odd text and my Nokia E52 lasts well into two days.

The only other phones I'd consider just now are the Motorola Atrix and Smasungs Galaxy S2 which has a beefier battery (1650maH I think). Thoughts on the Ace are welcome though!
Misses says one day two at a push.

A

Anonymous

Agreed. Although on the positive side it charges relatively quickly - a couple of hours or so. :star:

T

the record spot

OK, thanks chaps - that's that one chalked off the shortlist then...!

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
the record spot said:
OK, thanks chaps - that's that one chalked off the shortlist then...!

Probably just as well. I was talking to a guy in the carphone warehouse on Tuesday. The price has just dropped to £99.99 and you cannot get one anywhere apparently

A

Anonymous

It's actually from £199.99!

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/SAMSUNG-GALAXY-ACE/PPAY&clearance=false

Three is cheaper but they're poop.

T

the record spot

Ah, au contraire mon ami, Three are absolutely fine. Been with them for three years now and never had a problem. My sim-only deal is about the best you'll find out there - £8 a month and I get unlimited data (and that's not fair use either), 2000 minutes, 10,000 3-to-3 minutes and 5,000 texts. No issues. And I see the rest are starting to catch up. I hear Three were poor to start off with, but they're absolutely flying now. No way I'd change from this deal or the company.

A

Anonymous

the record spot said:
Ah, au contraire mon ami, Three are absolutely fine. Been with them for three years now and never had a problem. My sim-only deal is about the best you'll find out there - £8 a month and I get unlimited data (and that's not fair use either), 2000 minutes, 10,000 3-to-3 minutes and 5,000 texts. No issues. And I see the rest are starting to catch up. I hear Three were poor to start off with, but they're absolutely flying now. No way I'd change from this deal or the company.

Interesting Mr. Spot. That's a cracking deal......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts