samsung galaxy ace

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
i have this phone and have found it to be very slow at responding to everthing even at times crashing losing wireless internet etc i have noticed that the software version on the phone is gingerbread is this the latest version as i keep trying updating but tells me no update available such a rubbish phone so any help to try and improve the operation functions would be most helpful

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I brought my misses one of these last year and to start with she was happy with it.

However after a while she started to get the 'internal memory low' message appearing and the phone ground to a halt, would randomly crash and need the battery removing to get it started again etc etc. I tried using app2sd and a little hack to force the phone to save everything to the SD card but alas it was in vein. You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear I'm afraid, the phone is not fit for purpose. I sold it and brought her an iPhone 4S instead.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Gingerbread 2.3.6 is the last firmware for the ace

I suggest you either buy something bettter or you could try install a custom rom to bring it up to Ice Cream Sandwich/Jellybean (4.0.4/4.1)

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Cooper_Info

It is an old slow phone, with a poor screen it might be time to upgrade. The difference between this and a new mid-range android would be night & day.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
lol'ing at the word 'old'. My, my, technology has a short lifespan doesn't it.
Biggest problem seems to be that the Ace has very little internal storage and there's no reliable way to save your apps to the SD card. My kids have this phone, bought as a Christmas present on contract, and already I've had to cull their apps a bit because they were downloading free games which gobbled-up too much onboard memory.
But I wouldn't exactly call it old.
Basic, yes. If you consider any smartphone to be basic. A year ago I was still using a Sony Ericsson W810i, so any smartphone still seems like a supercomputer to me!

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
The Ace is 2 years old but the trouble is the tech on it was already 2 years old back then.

A woeful processor, only 384MB memory and a horrible 320x480 screen.

Compare it to the Samsung Galaxy S2 which came out around the same time - yet its hardware is still capable of running the latest stuff.

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys got rid of the phone today thing of buying one of tge sony xperia phobes with the latest software akways had samsung are tge sonys okay anyone out there got one are they okay cheers

TRENDING THREADS