Sonos App problem on Samsung Galaxy Note 3

SJCT99

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I had the Sonos App on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 working perfectly then all of a sudden it won't find my Sonos kit at all (iphone, ipad and ipod touch all still work). I have tried deleting the app and installing again 4 times, and have done soft reset on the phone and reset the sonos controller from inside the app settings. But still no joy. Has anyone else heard of this problem and know of any solutions please? I set up the Sonos system originally and had it all working fine but now can't fix this problem. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 did have a software update in the last couple weeks but i don't really if this was before or after the Sonos problems started. Any help would be great, thanks :)

SJCT99

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Got this reply from Sonos:

Thank you for contacting Sonos technical support. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems connecting your Androiddevice to your Sonos system. Please note that your Android device is not trying to contact the Sonos system, it is trying to contact your router. To refresh the connection. Turn off all your Sonos equipment. Turn the unit that is connected to your router off last. Then reboot your router for at least 5 mins.. Then turn the unit that is plugged to your router on first. Then the rest. If this does not work? Please call our dedicated support team for immediate assistance. When you are calling you need to be at your Sonos system.

SJCT99

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I thought I'd just do this final post to confirm that the above advice from Sonos worked just in case in the future someone other than me looks at this post!

:)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
SJCT99 said:
Got this reply from Sonos:

Thank you for contacting Sonos technical support. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems connecting your Androiddevice to your Sonos system. Please note that your Android device is not trying to contact the Sonos system, it is trying to contact your router. To refresh the connection. Turn off all your Sonos equipment. Turn the unit that is connected to your router off last. Then reboot your router for at least 5 mins.. Then turn the unit that is plugged to your router on first. Then the rest. If this does not work? Please call our dedicated support team for immediate assistance. When you are calling you need to be at your Sonos system.

What they're actually telling you there is that they think you have a duplicate IP address on your network. Shutting everything down and restarting one by one should force each network device to get a new IP unique IP address. IF you know how to do it it's worth going onto your router and setting all your networked devices to always use the same IP address (ie the one they've each got now, I don't mean they should be using the same address as each other). Hopefully that will prevent any duplicates in the future.

TRENDING THREADS